10-10-10 Geocoin

Discuss geocoins, trackable or not

Moderator: Moderator

10-10-10 Geocoin

Postby SnowXRacer on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:13 pm

Thought I would share something pretty cool. I was at work today when a cache popped up around 8:00. I ran out over lunch to make the grab and got the FTF but there was also a nice FTF Prize in the cache.

We were passing an event on a roadtrip that was offering these coins for purchase, but when we checked into it, there were no more available. We thought it would have been neat to have one, and now we do! I thought it was pretty awesome for a CO to put that in a cache!
SnowXRacer

Re: 10-10-10 Geocoin

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:28 pm

pretty cool. It's always nice to snag not only FTF honors but a sweet FTF Prize as well.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Aquacache on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Pretty nice. And Congratulations on the FTF. I saw it was published, but was a little far for me to go after it. Wait a minute ... does this mean that you and greenie don't have the same number of finds now?!?

By the way, I picked up an FTF today myself (here in FL). It had a lovely rusted railroad spike and a small foam football. I took nothing and left a MAGPI pencil.

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby SnowXRacer on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Ah yes you are correct. I have one more find than her. What makes it worse is that it was my #1100th find. But don't worry, we both have to be in Uniontown Friday after work for a few hours so we will be swinging up there so she can grab the cache. I kinda like this leaving from work to go caching thing. It makes the day go by quick. Now I know how you feel all the time. :)

Oh and that coin is trackable. The tracking number is stamped around the edge. I've never seen them like that before.

Good to hear you are still grabbin FTFs in FL.
SnowXRacer

Return to Geocoins