Found a cool coin! Monopoly Geocoin.

Discuss geocoins, trackable or not

Moderator: Moderator

Found a cool coin! Monopoly Geocoin.

Postby WVseeker on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Hey everyone

For fans of the board game Monopoly, you love this geocoin I found in upper PA today. It's a Monopoly coin... all though the locations on the coin are PA towns, it very nice! LOL Well I can't wait to bring it home in a couple days! I think I will build a cache around Monopoly to place this one in. I'm thinking it would have to be a multiple or mystery cache in which its the luck of the draw to get the final location. I'm still thinking on the plans but maybe it will have a multiple choice of coordinates in which one leads to the "Free Parking" final cache and the other is a "Go to Jail" dud cache (with a Go to Jail card inside). Let me know what you think.

Sorry for the poor picture of the coin but I forgot my camera at home and I had to use my cell.
Attachments
Monopoly Coin.jpg
Monopoly Coin.jpg (18.64 KB) Viewed 1407 times
WVseeker

Re: Found a cool coin! Monopoly Geocoin.

Postby Rock_Rat on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:01 pm

WVseeker wrote:Hey everyone

For fans of the board game Monopoly, you love this geocoin I found in upper PA today. It's a Monopoly coin... all though the locations on the coin are PA towns, it very nice! LOL Well I can't wait to bring it home in a couple days! I think I will build a cache around Monopoly to place this one in. I'm thinking it would have to be a multiple or mystery cache in which its the luck of the draw to get the final location. I'm still thinking on the plans but maybe it will have a multiple choice of coordinates in which one leads to the "Free Parking" final cache and the other is a "Go to Jail" dud cache (with a Go to Jail card inside). Let me know what you think.

Sorry for the poor picture of the coin but I forgot my camera at home and I had to use my cell.

It could work. For a similar concept check out WVHunters GCY44R "Schrodingers Cat(che)"
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
Rock_Rat

Postby wvhunter74 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:55 pm

pretty cool
wvhunter74

Postby scoutingwv on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:30 am

Nice coin! And probably better that it's not too sharp.

Just a friendly tip - You'll want to be careful of posting photos that show the tracking numbers. Some unscrupulous types will use that to log the coin even though they didn't actually have it. That's considered a virtual log and the admins at GC will lock the coin (or travel bug). It's pretty easy to edit them out before posting so you can still share the photos and post them in logs and with your profile.

Good luck with the cache, too - sounds like fun!
scoutingwv

Postby wvangler on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:12 am

scoutingwv wrote:Nice coin! And probably better that it's not too sharp.

Just a friendly tip - You'll want to be careful of posting photos that show the tracking numbers. Some unscrupulous types will use that to log the coin even though they didn't actually have it. That's considered a virtual log and the admins at GC will lock the coin (or travel bug). It's pretty easy to edit them out before posting so you can still share the photos and post them in logs and with your profile.

Good luck with the cache, too - sounds like fun!

Good tip. I didn't know about that. I think one of my geocoins has a photo with the tracking number right there in the description. Oops. Need to go fix that. It is really hard to believe that anyone would actually cheat at geocaching. That's pretty dumb. On the other hand, that's why I don't like Monopoly. My brother is 7 years older than me and when I was growing up he'd always want to play Monopoly with me and he would cheat like a politician. Me being 7 years younger didn't catch on to his ways until I was consistently beaten badly so I learned to hate the game. I wonder if geocoin cheaters are also too lazy to wipe their own rears or if they just let it grind all day.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby WVseeker on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Yea thanks for the tip! That just being lazy... get out and enjoy nature.

Stay tuned for this cache. I just got back from Sprawl-Mart with a few lock-n-lock's.... Camo paint is drying as I type.
WVseeker

Return to Geocoins