Mileage traveled?

Discuss Geocaching.com Travel Bugs

Moderator: Moderator

Mileage traveled?

Postby scoutingwv on Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Wondering how many miles our travel bugs have actually traveled?

This would include any Jeeps you were given by Groundspeak to release and the diabetes travel bugs. Not coins - just travel bugs.
scoutingwv
 

Postby Aquacache on Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:58 pm

Mine haven't gone far ... they're still sitting on the desk at home more than a year after getting them. One of these days I'm going to do something with one or two of them. :roll:

  • I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

  • I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
User avatar
Aquacache
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Out Jeepin'

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:42 pm

Aquacache wrote:Mine haven't gone far ... they're still sitting on the desk at home more than a year after getting them. One of these days I'm going to do something with one or two of them. :roll:


You should just make yourself a TB then. You would have tons and tons of miles. Just don't forget to log yourself back OUT of the cache. Otherwise one of us might have to go out and rescue you :shock:

Who was it that did the shirts at the Meat-n-Greet & Cabela's?
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Postby Aquacache on Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:08 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:You should just make yourself a TB then. You would have tons and tons of miles. Just don't forget to log yourself back OUT of the cache. Otherwise one of us might have to go out and rescue you :shock:

Who was it that did the shirts at the Meat-n-Greet & Cabela's?

That was TeamOVCacher and -- oddly enough -- I have been in contact with him to have some shirts made. Getting stuck in a cache has always been a fear of mine. :shock:

  • I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

  • I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
User avatar
Aquacache
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Out Jeepin'

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Aquacache wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:You should just make yourself a TB then. You would have tons and tons of miles. Just don't forget to log yourself back OUT of the cache. Otherwise one of us might have to go out and rescue you :shock:

Who was it that did the shirts at the Meat-n-Greet & Cabela's?

That was TeamOVCacher and -- oddly enough -- I have been in contact with him to have some shirts made. Getting stuck in a cache has always been a fear of mine. :shock:


well what you need is one of those fancy transmitting device like the Mt. Hood climbers had. Then we can be sure to rescue you if, for instance, you aren't logged as being IN the cache.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Re: Mileage traveled?

Postby The Gold Bug on Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:36 pm

scoutingwv wrote:Wondering how many miles our travel bugs have actually traveled?

This would include any Jeeps you were given by Groundspeak to release and the diabetes travel bugs. Not coins - just travel bugs.


My only travel bug (would you like to drink from the fire hose) was picked up by Rideau Rangers from the covered bridge at Bridgeport. They took it to Florida and back for a grand total of 597 miles on its first trip. :banana: It has been stranded at Blue stone Service Plaza since 1/2/07. :cry: Image
The Meinerzhagen, Germany Sugar Bug that I set free has yet to leave WV.
You’re just jealous because the little voices are talking to me!

I am out of my mind right now. Please feel free to leave a message.
User avatar
The Gold Bug
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: Clarksburg, WV

Postby The Gold Bug on Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:24 pm

My MIA TB finally surfaced today in Indiana. :banana: This brings the grand total to 1468.1 miles. I'm so happy my son's TB didn't vanish. :D
You’re just jealous because the little voices are talking to me!

I am out of my mind right now. Please feel free to leave a message.
User avatar
The Gold Bug
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: Clarksburg, WV

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:25 pm

The Gold Bug wrote:My MIA TB finally surfaced today in Indiana. :banana: This brings the grand total to 1468.1 miles. I'm so happy my son's TB didn't vanish. :D


I found a TB in Buzzard's Head today that was not listed there. The one that was listed there was MIA.

First thing I do when I get home is log my TBs/Coins. Guess not all folks do.

Glad to hear your son's TB appeared again.

Fidget's Bright & Shiney Geocoin went to the UK (6203.5km) and then so far in the UK has moved around a bit as well.

That's my best mover.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Postby 89SC on Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:27 pm

My silly little stork TB surfaced in Michigan after disappearing for awhile at a M&G in TN it's now up to 1273 miles. I have one that must be lost in the snow up in Canada, it hasn't moved since Nov. It was doing well for awhile and has logged 1823 miles. My other TB was picked up by a cacher last August and he still has it and his email bounces back.

I started a personal geocoin last October and I've already logged 1755 miles on it. It will probably break 1800 after todays mileage.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
User avatar
89SC
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: Bridgeport

Postby wvcoalcat on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:13 am

My first tb, <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=55165064-895f-4790-82c1-d81dca3e54b9">Angry Bovine</a> was released in July, 2004. It traveled to the west coast, then to Idaho. From there it enlisted and traveled to Iraq and spent six months. Made it back to North Dakota and was honorably discharged. Since its return it made a jaunt to Ontario and is now bouncing around Wisconsin. 16,838 miles so far.
Wvhunter's cigarette smoking, mountain climbing, SWMBO butt kissin' sock puppet. (ScoutingWV 2-22-07)

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. (Benjamin Franklin)
User avatar
wvcoalcat
 
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:43 am
Location: In the litterbox


Return to Travel Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron