Tortoise & The Hare Great TB Race

Discuss Geocaching.com Travel Bugs

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Tortoise & The Hare Great TB Race

Postby scoutingwv on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Well, the trip to Florida got canned. Thanks boss!
scoutingwv

Postby wvangler on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 pm

Buddhaman, I'm very grateful for you taking it down to the gulf. I should have you know, however, that since you picked it back up and brought it to Wheeling it has been a great source of gleeful entertainment for my brother and family. They're very amused at its current location, particularly after much trash talking on my behalf.

Anybody going to Wheeling soon and might be headed to the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean or Rocky Mtns soon? I am going to Wheeling in a couple of weeks, I can move it once so I could move it near you if need be.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby wvhunter74 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:10 pm

I will be going up there for the event at the end of the month if its not moved by then
wvhunter74

Postby thebuddhaman on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:44 pm

i see that your t/b is moving again, how about a update on how the race is going
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
thebuddhaman

Postby Greenie333 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Does the bug need to stay in the US to get near the Atlantic, Pacific, etc? Or can it make a side trip out of the country? SnowXRacer and I are headed to Australia/New Zealand at the end of November for almost 3 weeks and will have no problem logging it into a cache near the pacific ocean (since we're taking a cruise, we're only going to be logging caches close to the ocean that are easily accessible from the pier :grin: ). Let us know, we'd be happy to have a traveller along for the trip!
Greenie333

Postby wvangler on Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:15 am

thebuddhaman wrote:i see that your t/b is moving again, how about a update on how the race is going

So as of 9/21/10 here is the standing:

The Tortoise - 296 points and has reached 2 of 5 destinations
The Hare - 220 points and has reached 1 of 5 destinations

Unfortunately mine (The Tortoise) has been dropped twice without proper logging so I don't get the points. "Noobs" :roll: . The tortoise was picked up on the 11th of this month (in Friendsville of all places, it has a magnetic attraction to getting back to WV :grin: ). The Hare was picked up on 8/7/10 and hasn't moved since.

Greenie333 wrote:Does the bug need to stay in the US to get near the Atlantic, Pacific, etc? Or can it make a side trip out of the country? SnowXRacer and I are headed to Australia/New Zealand at the end of November for almost 3 weeks and will have no problem logging it into a cache near the pacific ocean (since we're taking a cruise, we're only going to be logging caches close to the ocean that are easily accessible from the pier :grin: ). Let us know, we'd be happy to have a traveller along for the trip!

It can certainly move wherever you'd want to take it, but it is in someone's hands right now who may be taking it to Oregon (ROCK!) and that would mean another destination down.
wvangler

Postby Greenie333 on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:47 pm

Ok, keep me posted. We leave in November, so if it's back by then we'd be happy to take it along for the trip.
Greenie333

Postby wvangler on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

My bug won the race!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2316666

23,986 miles - traveled to Japan and all the required places on the trip.
wvangler

Postby thebuddhaman on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:39 pm

congrats.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
thebuddhaman

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Wow. I don't know that I've ever known someone who's TB actually finished a race or completed its mission. Very cool.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Previous

Return to Travel Bugs