Unite For Diabetes Travel Bugs

Discuss Geocaching.com Travel Bugs

Moderator: Moderator

Unite For Diabetes Travel Bugs

Postby Rock_Rat on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:23 pm

Groundspeak is working with a campaign called Unite For Diabetes. You can get a special travel bug and more info at the address below. Don't forget to sing the petition while your there.

http://unite.geocaching.com/
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
Rock_Rat

Re: Unite For Diabetes Travel Bugs

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:46 pm

Rock_Rat wrote:Groundspeak is working with a campaign called Unite For Diabetes. You can get a special travel bug and more info at the address below. Don't forget to sing the petition while your there.

http://unite.geocaching.com/

I'm tone deaf, can I just sign the petition instead 8)

Or alternatively I can play my practice chanter AT the website. Not sure if it would be the same though.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Rock_Rat on Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:02 pm

It may not help, but I love the bag pipes so have at it.
Rock_Rat

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:45 pm

Rock_Rat wrote:It may not help, but I love the bag pipes so have at it.

sweet! the bagpipes are a cure all (although I only have a practice chanter at this stage - and sidekick ran it over after thanksgiving).

Anyway, I did sign up for a TB tag and passed it on to several other cachers I know. Hope they get a good request turnout.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Rock_Rat on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:34 pm

Well, I received my TB Friday night and launched it in Locks and Lock-n-Locks today. If you pick it up you get a nifty blue icon on your trackables page. Enjoy

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details ... 1f655aff8d
Rock_Rat

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:05 am

I got my TB in the mail this weekend and just need to get off my duff to get him out there. I attached the tag to a spotted pony. I know that Rebel Biker Girl received hers as well.

I'm waffling between sending sidekick out to place it in Fidget's Lark (which he has never been to) or going with a cache close to work OR giving it to my Dad to place in his cache (he's retired...he can cache during actual daylight hours believe it or not!).

Rollcall then, what countries/cities have you guys gotten?

Mine is Jaru, Brazil.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby 89SC on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:46 pm

I got mine today. I got Glen Burnie, United States of America. Real exotic :roll:
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby Aquacache on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:47 pm

Mine came today. Not sure where I'll release it yet.

Hey SSPG, you wanna trade? You got Brazil, Rock Rat got Honduras and I got stuck with France! I know, it's a good cause and that's what matters. I'd even take Glen Burnie, MD over France. :wink:

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby 89SC on Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:56 pm

:lol: We have a guy on the MR2 forums whose signature says, Can't we wall off France? Maybe Glen Burnie isn't so bad after all. I bet mine gets to it's goal quicker.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby wvcoalcat on Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:44 am

Got mine too. Headed for Barpeta Road.
Search, search, search........ Hey it's in India. Shouldn't be too hard to get there. Prolly where Dell's call center is :)

Actually there are three caches within 100 miles all placed in '04 and never found yet. Road trip?
wvcoalcat

Postby wvcoalcat on Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:24 pm

Searching through the bug names and decided to put <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=a39e096e-c161-4d7e-9a6b-91fc1067b878"> this one</a> on my watchlist.
wvcoalcat

Postby Aquacache on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:14 pm

wvcoalcat wrote:Searching through the bug names and decided to put <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=a39e096e-c161-4d7e-9a6b-91fc1067b878"> this one</a> on my watchlist.

Cool! Why couldn't I have gotten that one? Then if would have been the first to achieve its goal. Maybe they'll mail that one to Brazil.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:11 pm

Aquacache wrote:Mine came today. Not sure where I'll release it yet.

Hey SSPG, you wanna trade? You got Brazil, Rock Rat got Honduras and I got stuck with France! I know, it's a good cause and that's what matters. I'd even take Glen Burnie, MD over France. :wink:

Ha, ha. You got France. That's what you get for letting work take precedence over geocaching. the Geo-gods were clearly not impressed 8)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:12 pm

wvcoalcat wrote:Got mine too. Headed for Barpeta Road.
Search, search, search........ Hey it's in India. Shouldn't be too hard to get there. Prolly where Dell's call center is :)

Actually there are three caches within 100 miles all placed in '04 and never found yet. Road trip?

Hold onto that thought. Maybe after the first of the year.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Aquacache on Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:47 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:Ha, ha. You got France. That's what you get for letting work take precedence over geocaching. the Geo-gods were clearly not impressed 8)

Great!! Now I've got the Geo-gods mad at me! No wonder I got stuck in the mud the other day!

I'm heading for Chicago tomorrow but intend to do some caching while there. Maybe that will ease the pressure a little. Anyone have a Unite TB going there? :)

Aquacache

Next

Return to Travel Bugs