Unite For Diabetes Travel Bugs

Discuss Geocaching.com Travel Bugs

Moderator: Moderator

Postby wvhunter on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:06 pm

Aquacache wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:Ha, ha. You got France. That's what you get for letting work take precedence over geocaching. the Geo-gods were clearly not impressed 8)

Great!! Now I've got the Geo-gods mad at me! No wonder I got stuck in the mud the other day!

I'm heading for Chicago tomorrow but intend to do some caching while there. Maybe that will ease the pressure a little. Anyone have a Unite TB going there? :)

No Windy City for me. My TB is headed for Cutler, FL. Just a blip next to Miami! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:34 pm

oh the relief. I put my Diabetes TB out today. I feel so much better. It was sitting here on the coffee table staring at me for what seemed like eternity.

Now it is happily sitting out Snake Hunt. I'm not sure he'll get to Brazil anytime soon though.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Wandering Bears on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:59 am

Mine was for Senegal. There are not many places in the world that I would have to look up on a map. But Senegal was one. I knew it was in Africa, if that helped. :roll:
In the days before the internet, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
Wandering Bears

Postby The Gold Bug on Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:07 pm

:P Merry Day After Christmas to me! My UN Sugar Bug came today. Looks like mine is going to Meinerzhagen, Germany.
You’re just jealous because the little voices are talking to me!

I am out of my mind right now. Please feel free to leave a message.
The Gold Bug

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:34 pm

wow, some of those folks who have released the Diabetes TBs have been slackers....No one I know mind you.....not even attaching a goal sheet to them. Gosh. Do you know how many I've had to "rehab" before sending out. (I am, after all, a MAGPI. I like bright and shiny things!)

Yeah and in my confusion I attached a beer stein to the one for India because I thought it was the one for Germany, but I had already sent that one on its way.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Aquacache on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:43 pm

Didn't realize that we were supposed to attach something to them. I've seen a few in caches and none so far have had anything attached. What could I have attached to mine that was going to France ... a white flag?

I forgot to mention earlier that I drove right through Glen Burnie during the holidays. I could have taken 89SC's coin there in one hop!

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:24 pm

Aquacache wrote:Didn't realize that we were supposed to attach something to them. I've seen a few in caches and none so far have had anything attached. What could I have attached to mine that was going to France ... a white flag?

I forgot to mention earlier that I drove right through Glen Burnie during the holidays. I could have taken 89SC's coin there in one hop!

good one.....maybe I should go find your tag and do just that

I just treated mine like any other TB dogtag and stuck it to a horse (yeah, big surprise).

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby 89SC on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:30 pm

Aquacache wrote:

You'll have to get it down off of Coalcat Knob first :twisted:
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby 3_dogs on Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:25 am

Wandering Bears wrote:Mine was for Senegal. There are not many places in the world that I would have to look up on a map. But Senegal was one. I knew it was in Africa, if that helped. :roll:

Wish I had caught this earlier. Dakar is in Senegal. The Dakar Rally started Saturday. There are several Americans racing. I bet we could have gotten one on them to take it for the 4800 kilometer race ride and deliver it to someone in Dakar.

If the TB is still in the area come November or December, I'd be willing to try. I think we could do it with a few phone call, a couple of email to locate a cache in Dakar, and a FedEx. If we can't find a cacher in Dakar, we ask them to take a picture and return the TB.

I just checked. There are no caches in Dakar. There only one in the entire country, and it's a "Go visit this village and if they don't eat you, you get a smiley".

That would be a cool ride for a TB.
"Är huvudet dumt får kroppen lida."

Translated - "If the head is dumb the body suffers."
3_dogs

Postby Aquacache on Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:45 am

3_dogs wrote:... it's a "Go visit this village and if they don't eat you, you get a smiley".

Would that qualify as a 5/5? :shock: :eat:

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby 3_dogs on Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:15 am

Aquacache wrote:
3_dogs wrote:... it's a "Go visit this village and if they don't eat you, you get a smiley".

Terrain rating definitely a 5. Difficulty depends on how many people you'd feed.
"Är huvudet dumt får kroppen lida."

Translated - "If the head is dumb the body suffers."
3_dogs

Postby Wandering Bears on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:22 pm

The senegal tb is in Spruce Hollow Cache
In the days before the internet, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
Wandering Bears

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:34 pm

3_dogs wrote:
Aquacache wrote:

Terrain rating definitely a 5. Difficulty depends on how many people you'd feed.

So, if you are a professional jockey, difficulty would be maybe 2. If you are the world's fattest woman, difficulty 5+

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Previous

Return to Travel Bugs