Etiquette

Discuss Geocaching.com Travel Bugs

Moderator: Moderator

Etiquette

Postby Matty_22 on Sat May 24, 2008 5:51 pm

Aside from the basic don't hold onto TBs and such, are there any guidelines to follow about "pick-up" or "drop-off" of a TB? When I post that I picked one up, should I give some idea as to where I'm going to drop it or is it customary for it to be a surprise for the owner to see where I take it?

Basically, I don't want to make any mad for improperly posting about a TB or improperly handling one.
Matty_22

Re: Etiquette

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sat May 24, 2008 7:02 pm

Generally I just note that I grabbed the bug. If I know I'm heading to a specific place the bug wants to go I try to mention that.

Mostly I just try to keep them moving and I try (try, try, try) to include a pic, but sometimes I'm lazy :-)
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Rock_Rat on Sat May 24, 2008 8:53 pm

Always read the TB's page on geocaching.com to see if it has a specific mission and try to help it along if you can.
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
Rock_Rat

Postby Matty_22 on Sat May 24, 2008 10:15 pm

Right I picked up one today that wants to get to Cody, WY. I'm heading to Michigan tomorrow so I'm taking it along and gonna drop it off there. It gets it about 371 miles closer as the crow flies. So I figure that helps it out a bit.
Matty_22

Return to Travel Bugs