TB's Not Logged out or otherwise MIA

Discuss Geocaching.com Travel Bugs

Moderator: Moderator

TB's Not Logged out or otherwise MIA

Postby wvwarlok on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:38 pm

So is it jus' me or is there a rash of TB's coming up missing around here?! I went to pick up some at the Coopers Rock TB drop point and all that was listed (six!) were gone. And no log entry for any of them. I went to Morris Park to pick up a TB today and none that were listed (two) were there, w/o any log to indicate they'd been removed. Anyone else experiencing any of this?
An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.
wvwarlok

Re: TB's Not Logged out or otherwise MIA

Postby scoutingwv on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Not as much with TBs as I have with coins. I'll never put coins in a Coopers Rock cache again.

I haven't looked at the logs for the caches you mention, but could it be some new folks playing that may not fully understand how to log them?
scoutingwv

Postby sequens_vitae_mortem on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:03 pm

I was at Morris Park last weekend, and I wanted to pick up a travel bug from one of the caches, and there weren't any there. There were some new cachers that had visited the caches there, but none of their logs indicated they had taken any trackables, unless they did it unknowingly. I also found a few caches around Fairmont two days ago, and there weren't any travel bugs in those caches, either, despite the fact that they had been listed. I have been looking for bugs to take on an upcoming trip to Virginia, and it's quite frustrating that none are in the caches around here recently, whether or not they had been listed.
Alice: "But, I don't want to go among mad people"
Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here. I'm mad; you're mad."
Alice: "But, I'm not mad!"
Cheshire Cat: "Oh, you must be, or else you wouldn't have come here. We're all mad here. You may have noticed I'm not all there myself…"
sequens_vitae_mortem

Postby wvhunter74 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:40 pm

alot of tbs missing in gatlinburg I have noticed since I have been caching here last feew days :sad:
wvhunter74

Postby DustyR on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:22 pm

I've started altering mine, trying to make them less desirable to hold on to. Don't if it will work or not. Time will tell. :???:
DustyR

Postby scoutingwv on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:04 pm

DustyR wrote:I've started altering mine, trying to make them less desirable to hold on to. Don't if it will work or not. Time will tell. :???:

I've seen it work well with coins. A lot of folks who take this route drill holes in them.

Good luck with yours!
scoutingwv

Return to Travel Bugs