logan county wv

A place to plan and discuss the monthly get togethers.

Moderator: Moderator

logan county wv

Postby wvhunter74 on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Starting a geo caching club in logan wv if interested please e-mail me at mailto:wvjujitsu@yahoo.com
wvhunter74

Re: logan county wv

Postby Rock_Rat on Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Welcome wvhunter74. I've only been to Logan county twice, for SAR training at Chief Logan. It's quite a rugged place, I bet you have some great caches down there. I don't know what region there current membership covers but have you checked out The [url="http://www.kyowvageocachers.net/kyowvaforum/"]Kentuky, Ohio, West Virginia[/url] Geocachers.
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
Rock_Rat

Postby wvhunter74 on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks rock rat I checked them out but try to get somthing little more local going to get it built up good down this way
wvhunter74

Postby scoutingwv on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Welcome to the game and to Magpi!

Even though it looks as though you just joined the geocaching community a few weeks ago, I'm sure the folks in your area will appreciate the enthusiasm and energy a new person brings to the game. To help get your group started, I would suggest that you take some time and find some more caches in the area. Get to know the cachers and the owners.

In that area, I think KYOWVA about as local as it gets. I've been doing this since 2003 and others in here longer than that - I don't think any of us have ever heard anything but positive info about that group. I'm sure if you touched base with them, they could help you figure out who some of the cachers are that are close to your specific location, have some of the same interests, and maybe get info on local events. The events are great places to share your ideas for a group and gauge interest. You may also find out that others have the same idea and may be pursuing the same goal. If so, you may be able to find that interest and support you're looking for pretty close to home.

Good luck!
scoutingwv

Return to Monthly Meet Ups