mygeocachingprofile.com issues?

Tell us whatever you're thinking about geocaching.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: mygeocachingprofile.com issues?

Postby wvhunter1968 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Ok friends, I've made a little progress. (Slow progress with parents in town and starting up my photography company taking up time). I downloaded my PQ's and they are all in the GSAK program. Now how to get it to compile this data into neat little charts and graphs like I saw on pbumps profile is another story. Im really trying. I downloaded the BASIC 101 tutorial. Just wondering where to go from here. I will try to take pbumps advice here in a minte and see where it takes me. IN teh mean time if anybody could answer back with a link to how to do the above data complilation and place it into the html form and paste it into my geocaching.com profile it'd help me tremendously! THANKS in advance
Geocaching profile name is "wvcachers3" as of 9/11/12. All previous logs (680) signed as wvhunter1968. Changed recently to reflect the family activity geocaching has become.
wvhunter1968

Postby pbump on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Play with importing/moving waypoints. You need to wind up with all of your finds in one "database" (use the database menu item - it's all in there), and all of your hides in another database. If you haven't downloaded and installed the findstatgen macr0, you'll need to do that (macro menu item). Then dig into the settings - just play. You can't hurt anything. Much.
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby wvhunter1968 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:12 pm

How do I select all my caches and create a database. Let me start with that. Ugh.
Geocaching profile name is "wvcachers3" as of 9/11/12. All previous logs (680) signed as wvhunter1968. Changed recently to reflect the family activity geocaching has become.
wvhunter1968

Postby CacheDetectives on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:09 am

I don't know if this will help, but this is what I do:

In GSAK, click on Database and then New. In the next window, type the name of the database. My Finds is what I use to maintain my found caches. Then click on the Create button.

Next go to your pocket queries on geocaching.com. Click on the Pocket Queries Ready to Download tab and click to open your My Finds PQ. It is probably a zipped file so you may have to use WinRAR or similar program to unzip it and get to the GPX file.

Once your database is loaded, click on Macro and then Run/Manage. If you don't have any macros you will need to click on the link to the Online Macro Index. Search for FIndStatGen3.gsk. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the file to download it. Then you will be ready to run it.

Once the results pop up, they will also be copied to your clipboard so they are ready to be pasted to your profile.

To know GSAK is to love it!
CacheDetectives

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Between CacheDetectives and Pbump I hope to generate my firs round of statistics by this evening. Thank you guys so much for all your help!!!
wvhunter1968

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:21 pm

FINALLY!!! In beginning stages of thorough understanding of how GSAK works. Thanks to Pbump and CacheDetectives for all your help and PM's. I even customized my shading on the county maps!! Now I just need help with removing Europe and Australia in my options page. Can't seem to locate the exclusion option of these in the FINDSTATGEN macro.

Check out my profile now! Im so proud!! lol THANKS ALL!!!
wvhunter1968

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm

OOOPS...also need JASMER and D/T data added. Is this a separate MACRO or included in FINDSTATGEN??
wvhunter1968

Postby pbump on Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Yup. Plugins. The ones you want all start with FSGPlugin - there are a gazillion. Well, quite a few anyhow. Some work straight out, some need som configuring, all need added to NOTES sections in your FSG setup as commands. Most authors include instructions/examples in the code.
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:03 pm

OK, trying plug ins now and adding to my list of MACROS. Which one is the JASMER, having difficulty sorting out that huge list
wvhunter1968

Postby pbump on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:32 pm

Finds by placed date is a default section - may just need to enable it in the SECTION ORDER under OPTIONS.

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 pm

How do I get to NOTES SECTION to add the code for the plug ins? Im finally gettin a lot of this, just don't have a clue on some of it like the indepth computer html code stuff.
wvhunter1968

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:43 pm

SECTION ORDER...ok will check now
wvhunter1968

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 pm

I think I owe somebody a beer or refreshing beverage of your choice at next geo meeting.
wvhunter1968

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Just found "section order" wow! COOL STUFF!! Dont know how I missed that!!
wvhunter1968

Postby wvhunter1968 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I have now officially found and done all that I set out to do on GSAK. Thank you to PBUMP, Cachedetectives and SSPG for your text and MAGPI forum help!!! I have it all as I like it on my profile page at geocaching.com and anybody is welcome to come and inspect my list. I am now ready fvor have more finds and my panties are now officially out of the crack of my butt! lol THANK YOU ALL!!!
wvhunter1968

Previous

Return to General Stuff