Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Tell us whatever you're thinking about geocaching.

Moderator: Moderator

Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby wvhunter on Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:30 pm

Well, if you can’t beat ‘em, celebrate ‘em.

This thread is to celebrate those milestones that are divisible by 100 and result in the human body developing a slight magnetic charge. (I haven’t figured out if I’m positive or negative yet.)
Only two qualifications to be a member of the Triple M Club. Your cache number at the time must be evenly divisible by 100 (duh) and the cache must stick to the side of your cache-mobile. No Velcro, duck tape, rivets, etc.

I know of only 2 other members of the Triple M Club.
So speak up and proudly proclaim to the world,
“@^#$%*$%^@&%$”

For my joyous occasion, today I found number 800 at Welcome to Fayette County (GC15HHB)

Yeah me!!
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Postby Troutbum1 on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:11 pm

Congratulations!
At the rate I'm going, I'll be pushing #800 up from below!

Troutbum1
Any River, Any Time
User avatar
Troutbum1
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:27 pm
Location: Bridgeport, WV

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby Rock_Rat on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:13 pm

wvhunter wrote:... and result in the human body developing a slight magnetic charge. (I haven’t figured out if I’m positive or negative yet.)


Well I know that my chick magnet is charged to the wrong polarity if that helps.

I also have the dubious honor of being a proud member of M3 -

Join Date: 03/24/07
Milestone: 100
GC Number: GCTA2Z
Cache Name: How Fast Can You Run ?
Geo-retriever to blaim: WV HUnter :lol:


There I said it and I only puked a little. Do I get a card or something.
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
User avatar
Rock_Rat
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:54 pm
Location: N 39 29.826 W 080 15.402

Postby 3_dogs on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:34 pm

I'm a double member.

My 100th was Smell the Burning Hickory on 18 May 06. It's next to Lexington Barbeque, or as I call it, the happiest place on earth. When I found out there was a cache there I went on a tear to get to 99 before heading south for a race. It was intentional.

My 200th was Olson Tower on 16 September 2007 (today). This was also intentional. Yes, it is a magnetic nano, but it's 90 feet in the air on a 3100+ foot mountain. I think an ammo can on the tower might get noticed and muggled, or at least used for target practice.
"Är huvudet dumt får kroppen lida."

Translated - "If the head is dumb the body suffers."
User avatar
3_dogs
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:21 am
Location: The Dog House

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby wvhunter on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:39 pm

Rock_Rat wrote:Cache Name: How Fast Can You Run ?


Let's check with our judges.........(GCTA2Z)
BBBUUUUUUUUZZZZ!!!!
I'm sorry but that cache is a coffee can in the woods.
No magnets there.
Please come again and play our game.
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Postby 89SC on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:58 pm

I was waiting for 3_dogs reply after seeing he was at the tower. That place is busier than you'd expect. Anything bigger than a nano wouldn't last long. I just hope the local hoodlums don't get the tower closed. It's turned into a party spot. They drink and then throw things off the tower. I picked up part of a smashed computer last time I was there along with several beer cans.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
User avatar
89SC
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: Bridgeport

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:40 pm

I am in danger of hitting a 100 divisible milestone with a magnet. I just forget what number I'm at.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby Rock_Rat on Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:14 pm

wvhunter wrote:
Rock_Rat wrote:Cache Name: How Fast Can You Run ?


Let's check with our judges.........(GCTA2Z)
BBBUUUUUUUUZZZZ!!!!
I'm sorry but that cache is a coffee can in the woods.
No magnets there.
Please come again and play our game.


I humbly withdraw my application from M3 and promptly forward it to the CRS club.
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
User avatar
Rock_Rat
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:54 pm
Location: N 39 29.826 W 080 15.402

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby Aquacache on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:21 pm

I normally have no idea when hit a "milestone" while caching and I'm sure that with the 4 gazillion micros I've found while traveling to all of the "Land of Micros" across the country, most of my "milestones" have been MMM's ... and the latest is no exception. While logging the day's finds this evening, I noticed that I had my latest MMM. At least this one was in a pretty cool little park.

Image

  • I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

  • I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
User avatar
Aquacache
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Out Jeepin'

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby wvhunter on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:06 pm

Aquacache wrote:At least this one was in a pretty cool little park.

And just where in that picture was the micro placed?!?!?!
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby Gentleman-Carpenter on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:30 am

Its 5 degrees here yes 5 and you post a picture of palm trees . Thats just down right mean!!!!
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
User avatar
Gentleman-Carpenter
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:54 pm
Location: Fairmont,WV

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:50 am

Gentleman-Carpenter wrote:Its 5 degrees here yes 5 and you post a picture of palm trees . Thats just down right mean!!!!


Perhaps when he returns to the frigid wastelands of Morgantown on Wednesday we can all be waiting at the airport and douse him with a bucket of Gatorade to celebrate his most recent MMM......

I've got a tub of gatorade powder.....
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby Rock_Rat on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:04 am

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
Gentleman-Carpenter wrote:Its 5 degrees here yes 5 and you post a picture of palm trees . Thats just down right mean!!!!


Perhaps when he returns to the frigid wastelands of Morgantown on Wednesday we can all be waiting at the airport and douse him with a bucket of Gatorade to celebrate his most recent MMM......

I've got a tub of gatorade powder.....


Just make sure and put plenty of ice in it. No one likes warm Gatorade.
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
User avatar
Rock_Rat
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:54 pm
Location: N 39 29.826 W 080 15.402

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby Aquacache on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:37 pm

wvhunter wrote:
Aquacache wrote:At least this one was in a pretty cool little park.

And just where in that picture was the micro placed?!?!?!


It was actually on the truck seen in the background. Would you believe that I got lucky enough to find it in the first place I looked ?!? :shock: That never happens to me on those hides! The hint gives it away, but I didn't read that until I was back in the room logging the find.

Rock_Rat wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
Gentleman-Carpenter wrote:Its 5 degrees here yes 5 and you post a picture of palm trees . Thats just down right mean!!!!


Perhaps when he returns to the frigid wastelands of Morgantown on Wednesday we can all be waiting at the airport and douse him with a bucket of Gatorade to celebrate his most recent MMM......

I've got a tub of gatorade powder.....


Just make sure and put plenty of ice in it. No one likes warm Gatorade.


I'll have you know that I was stuck outside all day today and when I was in the shade, it felt way cooler than the 72° that was on the thermometer! :finga:

My plane lands at PIT at 6:05pm. Y'all can meet me there or just wait until I drive back to WV ... I like the blue Gatorade. :twisted:

  • I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

  • I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
User avatar
Aquacache
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:58 pm
Location: Out Jeepin'

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:53 am

Aquacache wrote:I'll have you know that I was stuck outside all day today and when I was in the shade, it felt way cooler than the 72° that was on the thermometer! :finga:

My plane lands at PIT at 6:05pm. Y'all can meet me there or just wait until I drive back to WV ... I like the blue Gatorade. :twisted:


I will refrain from using the word about you that I always use when referring to wvhunter. I'm trying to reform :shock:

From NOAA
Wednesday PM
A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 16. West wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Welcome home :lol:

We'll be hiding by the hide-a-key, keep your eyes open.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Next

Return to General Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron