Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Tell us whatever you're thinking about geocaching.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Magnificent Magnetic Milestones

Postby thebuddhaman on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:47 am

out of bounds (gctrw8) #300 for me on 11/13/06
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
thebuddhaman

Postby pbump on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:05 pm

Oh man- thread has been dead for almost a year! Well, my friends, today I revive it! #800 was GCQANE, The Young Hero, in New Lexington, Ohio. It took tremendous amounts of planning, diligence and self restraint to land an MMM on the right cache hit. But we did it! YAY!
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby Aquacache on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:46 pm

pbump wrote:Oh man- thread has been dead for almost a year! Well, my friends, today I revive it! #800 was GCQANE, The Young Hero, in New Lexington, Ohio. It took tremendous amounts of planning, diligence and self restraint to land an MMM on the right cache hit. But we did it! YAY!

Uh ... Congratulations?

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby pbump on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:30 am

Aquacache wrote:
pbump wrote:Oh man- thread has been dead for almost a year! Well, my friends, today I revive it! #800 was GCQANE, The Young Hero, in New Lexington, Ohio. It took tremendous amounts of planning, diligence and self restraint to land an MMM on the right cache hit. But we did it! YAY!

Uh ... Congratulations?

Taking a page out of ScoutingWV's book - I'm planning something SPECIAL for 854.
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby pbump on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Our senses of humor are waning....I aims to revive this thread ONCE MORE.

Got #1300 tonight....yup- magnetic micro! Picturesque - in Wayne County. Also happens to be our 55th county completed. Woohoo!

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby wvangler on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:36 am

I have worked VERY hard NOT to be a member of the MMM club. Several times I have sat on x99 caches for days while new caches were published around me so that I could get my milestones at significant caches. Its just the way I play the game. 1/1 keyboxes in guardrails are fair game for me too, not above that, but I like to make my milestones cool hikes or really hard ones. However, I still cannot claim exemption. After a look at my milestones I see that I did not adopt this wonderful philosophy early enough and milestone #200 was GCZTK5 I-77 Southbound Rest Stop and #300 was GC1GZGV Elite (in Parkersburg)...I believe both were park and grab magnets.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby pbump on Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:11 am

I >>normally<< have lost count and don't know where I am. #1000 was an exception ("Because it's There"-and it was a toughie for fat boy). #1300 just happened to fall in place - it was finishing 55 that made it special.

But just in order to garner strange looks and derision, I will aim for magnets when aware of found count. I'm wierd like that.

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby SnowXRacer on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Well I am posting to get my 3 seconds of fame. My #200 was at Seven Generations - GC16KKT - on First Street in Harrisburg, PA and I found it on 9/20/2008. It was a bison tube with a magnet attached to it and stuck to a large metal structure.
SnowXRacer

Postby pbump on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:56 pm

#1800 - GC2PKA7.

We were in Wheeling - really couldn't help it.

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby BobnLinda on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:41 am

Checked the records and we qualify for the mighty Triple M Club. #200-GC1YFAM-Sparky the Fire Dog and #400-GC2CEVJ-Fallen Soldiers. Pay more attention to cache title than cache type. Just can't wait to see what #600 turns out to be. :question:
BobnLinda

Postby Jeff_toughsearch on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:20 am

As I read this I had to take a look and see if I made it or not and it seems that I do and guess who the cache owner is, none other than WVHunter himself. It was number 300 for me GCZ2YF and the cache name is Spotted pony :eek:
Jeff_toughsearch

Postby Aquacache on Fri May 24, 2013 10:54 pm

I haven't found a micro in almost 2 months ... unless you count the cache last month that was changed from a small to a micro after I had found it (had to open my big mouth) ... and today, while finding all 7 cache sizes in a single day, I saved the dreaded micro for last. Yes, it was magnetic and it just so happened to be #3100. :roll:

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby pbump on Fri May 24, 2013 11:56 pm

<<smirk>>

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby geodad56 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:54 am

I got another milestone cache today. It was Call Waiting-Grafton Edition. Number 600.
geodad56

Postby Aquacache on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Got another Magnificent Magnetic Milestone today ... #300. But this time it was my 300th DNF. Could see the cache, but the recently crumpled guardrail made it inaccessible. Well, without a big crowbar anyway.

Aquacache

PreviousNext

Return to General Stuff