American Idol Competition for Geocoins

Here is the place for those conundrums, posers and other mind games we love to share.

American Idol Competition for Geocoins

Postby scoutingwv on Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:50 pm

For all those that like to watch the American Idol show or for those that don’t but like geocoins and competition, how about a contest? Winner of the contest will win all donated geocoins from our group.

How to play:
All Geocachers names will be placed in a hat and randomly chosen until we get a maximum of 12 Geocacher names. Those 12 names will be posted here Sunday, Mar 04, 2007 at 9pm EST and only those 12 people will play the game until the season finale. Everyone who is a member of the site as of this posting and is in the U.S. is invited to enter! If you are chosen, you will play by the rules listed here.

After the participating Geocachers are selected, we will wait until the final 12 American Idol contestants are chosen on the show. Those Geocachers that are selected to play will choose 1 of the 12 remaining contestants within 48 hours of the end of the show and will stick with that one person through out the rest of the competition. There will be no changing minds. Their choice will only be seen by me since I’m running the contest. Their choice will not be revealed, unless their choice gets booted off the show.

There may be a case where more then 1 Geocacher chooses the same contestant(s). If so, and they get booted off, then all of those Geocachers that chose that contestant lose too. On the flip side, if the winning contestant was chosen by more then 1 Geocacher, then the coins will be randomly divided by a hat drawing. If no Geocacher makes it to the finale then the last remaining Geocacher(s) wins the pot. If no one picks the right winner, the winner(s) will be the last geocacher(s) with their contestant in the competition.

Please do not post your "winner" publicly!

To play:
All potential entrants must be received in my email inbox by Saturday, March 3, 2007 at 6pm EST.

Send the following info to me. You must send:
Subject line = MAGPi Idol
GeoNick
Full Name
Mailing address

Names will be picked shortly after the deadline and then announced here. Any entrant without this info, will not be entered into the drawing. 1 name per household, please.

This all being said, we need to ask for coin donations. If you would like to donate an unactivated coin(s), or other coin(s), please email me as well. I’ll send you my mailing address (I’d like to have them in hand so we know for sure what the winner(s) will get) and I’ll post the donation here. I’ll take care of coordinating shipping to the winner(s).

We already have these coins in the bucket:

2006 GBES Rally
2006 USA
Magic 8 Ball
scoutingwv

Postby scoutingwv on Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:19 am

Only one taker so far?

Oh, come on ... It's not like you have to really care about the contestants or anything ... :lol:
scoutingwv

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:46 pm

contest so complicated.....too many worlds....

Plus I don't have cable...or any tv....I don't even know who is on American Idol.....
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Aquacache on Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:contest so complicated.....too many worlds....

Plus I don't have cable...or any tv....I don't even know who is on American Idol.....

Here I thought I was the only one without a TV. :? American Idol? Isn't that the guy that sang White Wedding?

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:02 pm

Aquacache wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:contest so complicated.....too many worlds....

Here I thought I was the only one without a TV. :? American Idol? Isn't that the guy that sang White Wedding?

I meant any television viewing access. ...we've got a plethora of TVs, including a big HDTV flatscreen blah, blah, blah that sidekick just bought around christmas. It's an eyesore.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby scoutingwv on Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:33 am

A few more pigeons have entered the race, but there's still room for more!

We now have in the pot:

2006 GBES Rally
2006 USA
Magic 8 Ball
Tommy Trojan
Hog Wild silver micro
scoutingwv

Postby Raven on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:I meant any television viewing access. ...we've got a plethora of TVs, including a big HDTV flatscreen blah, blah, blah that sidekick just bought around christmas. It's an eyesore.

Let me know if you want rid of the eyesore.... I'll gladly store it for you lol
Raven

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:11 pm

Raven wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:I meant any television viewing access. ...we've got a plethora of TVs, including a big HDTV flatscreen blah, blah, blah that sidekick just bought around christmas. It's an eyesore.

Let me know if you want rid of the eyesore.... I'll gladly store it for you lol

Very generous of you. Easier too than trying to find a recylcing place that will take a 3.5 month old flat screen tv and all. All those nasty chemically things in it.

You want to know the funny part? Sidekick decided he was going to use it as his computer monitor after he got the cable disconnected.

HA! It's either a 32 or 36 inch screen. It reminded me of the telephones with the GIANT numbers. Needless to say, that was short lived. We couldn't get far enough away from it.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby scoutingwv on Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:09 pm

OK, ok ... take that stuff somewhere else. Let's talk about winning some coins!!

We now have some competitors! Although we don't have 12, we have enough to make it interesting. Here are the players and the coins they are playing for:

Players:
WVHunter
Rock Rat
Raven of Blue
GeoWeaver
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Coins in the pot:
Magic Eight Ball
USA 2006
2006 GBES Rally
Tommy Trojan
Hog Wild Stuff Silver Traveler
Generic Micro
Appalachian Trail - Pennsylvania

Now we need to wait until the final 12 contestants are selected. When they are, each player needs to EMAIL their pick to me. DO NOT POST IT HERE.

Good luck!
scoutingwv

Postby wvhunter on Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:37 pm

Since I NEVER watch that show is someone going to tell me when 12 are left and what their names are????
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Postby scoutingwv on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:02 pm

Heck ... anyone else want in? There's still room until we get to twelve total? Send me a PM if interested.
scoutingwv

Postby Raven on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:05 pm

I picked the winner ..... I hope .... lol
Raven

Postby scoutingwv on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:08 pm

And we're down to the 12 finalists!

Sorry for those that wanted Antonella to stick around ... oh well. You can still look her up on the web.

I'll post the final list of Magpi participants tomorrow and then those folks will need to email me their pick of the final 12.

DO NOT POST YOUR CHOICE HERE IF YOU ARE IN THE GAME.
scoutingwv

Postby scoutingwv on Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:55 pm

Ok -here is the final list of players and coins:

Players:
WVHunter
Rock Rat
Raven of Blue
GeoWeaver
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
HidenseekWV

Coins in the pot:
Magic Eight Ball
USA 2006
2006 GBES Rally
Tommy Trojan
Generic Micro

And here are the final 12 contestants:
Gina Glocksen
Haley Scarnato
Blake Lewis
Brandon Rogers
Jordin Sparks
Lakisha Jones
Chris Richardson
Chris Sligh
Melinda Doolittle
Stephanie Edwards
Phil Stacey
Sanjaya Malakar

Now, each player needs to send me their pick of the final 12 in an email or PM befor the next show airs. If you have already sent in a pick, you can still revise it if you want. The list I have when the show airs is what we will use for the remainder of the competition.

Good luck everyone!
scoutingwv

Postby scoutingwv on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:27 pm

scoutingwv wrote:Ok -here is the final list of players and coins:

Players:
WVHunter
Rock Rat
Raven of Blue
GeoWeaver
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
HidenseekWV
89SC

Coins in the pot:
Magic Eight Ball
USA 2006
2006 GBES Rally
Tommy Trojan
Generic Micro

And here are the final 12 contestants:
Gina Glocksen
Haley Scarnato
Blake Lewis
Brandon Rogers
Jordin Sparks
Lakisha Jones
Chris Richardson
Chris Sligh
Melinda Doolittle
Stephanie Edwards
Phil Stacey
Sanjaya Malakar

Now, each player needs to send me their pick of the final 12 in an email or PM befor the next show airs. If you have already sent in a pick, you can still revise it if you want. The list I have when the show airs is what we will use for the remainder of the competition.

Good luck everyone!

My mistake - the correct list of players is shown above. I inadvertently left 89SC off the final list of players. Sorry about that 89SC! Just send me your pick from the final 12 listed above.
scoutingwv

Next

Return to Games, Quests, Contests & Challenges