Amazing Race

Here is the place for those conundrums, posers and other mind games we love to share.

Re: Amazing Race

Postby hidenseekwv on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:18 pm

pbump wrote:I'm still pouting because Lorena and Jason are gone......

I have not even watched that episode since SWV wrote that they were out. I just cannot stand to watch. I might be done for the season in fear of the goths.
“If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.”

- Bill Watterson
hidenseekwv

Postby scoutingwv on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:32 pm

Can someone help me out with this weeks update? I was preoccupied at Mon General and WVU this weekend. Forgot to record the show.

Thanks!
scoutingwv

Postby familyfrog on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:46 am

scoutingwv wrote:Can someone help me out with this weeks update? I was preoccupied at Mon General and WVU this weekend. Forgot to record the show.

Thanks!

You didn't miss much - it wasn't a very good episode IMO. They spent a large amount of time at the beginning focusing on the teams simply getting tickets from Vilnius to Dubrovnik. In the end that was about the only excitement (if you could call it that) in the episode. The actual detours/roadblocks were not exciting because of the timing of when the teams arrived - very little competition occurred.

In the end, three teams arrived in Dubrovnik at the same time and the three others arrived much later. I know that Azaria and Hendekea screwed up by booking Business Class tickets (an apparent no-no) which they didn't realize until they tried to check-in. So, they had to get new tickets which apparently put them on a later flight. I missed how TK and Rachel got bumped to a later flight though. The grandfather/grandson team were also late.

So, what you had was two sub-races of three teams apiece. Of course, the first sub-race was anti-climatic as you knew that these teams would not be getting eliminated because three other teams were still far behind. The dating couple were as annoying as could possibly be and were penalized for taking "illegal" transportation to the pitstop - they hitched a ride when they couldn't get a cab. But they still ended up third versus 2nd.

At the end, Azaria and Hendekea were eliminated. Not sure where that leaves our little contest here.

As a family we were a bit bummed at how much this episode showed off (or didn't show off) Dubrovnik. They had some great exterior views of the old walled city, but next to nothing at the street level. It is a really neat place. I imagine the intent of the one challenge was to hopefully get people lost wandering in the streets, but that never panned out.

Including the airport transfer locations, I think familyfrog has now been to 7 of the 10 locations that the show has been to. So, we greatly under-estimated our guess for the tie-breaker. Actually, I was just reading the episode re-cap on cbs.com and noted that TK/Rachel and Nick/Don had to re-book flights from Vilnius that took them through Vienna - so that makes it 8 of 11 for familyfrog. I see their next stop is in Italy, so that will make one more. Boy, did we blow that guess.
familyfrog

Postby hidenseekwv on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:15 am

Can we claim a winner? I think that TK and Rachel are the only remaining team and they have gone to more than 5 countries.

SWV? Do we have a winner?
“If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.”

- Bill Watterson
hidenseekwv

Postby familyfrog on Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:46 pm

hidenseekwv wrote:Can we claim a winner? I think that TK and Rachel are the only remaining team and they have gone to more than 5 countries.

Yeah, we thought that after the last episode - mamafrog thought we should have guessed a higher tie-breaker. Oh well.
Merry Christmas! We just watched this last episode as we were out of town Sunday evening.
familyfrog

Postby scoutingwv on Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:07 pm

hidenseekwv wrote:Can we claim a winner? I think that TK and Rachel are the only remaining team and they have gone to more than 5 countries.

Can't we just enjoy the rest of the show?

Golly ... I bet you dump your Cracker Jack on the table to get the toy first, don'tcha? :razz:
scoutingwv

Postby scoutingwv on Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:44 am

WE HAVE A WINNER

Two players picked TK & Rachel to win it, but the tie breaker of 5 chosen by BotanyCreek pulled them past FamilyFrog for the win. With a few teams left in the race, it looks like we all bombed pretty early.

BotanyCreek - send me a PM or email with your mailing address and I'll get you a coin in the mail from the vault.

Thanks to all for playing whether you entered or just watched.

Per my harassment of hidenseekWV above, feel free to keep talking about the show here or a mod can close the thread if there's no activity in the next week.
scoutingwv

Postby familyfrog on Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:27 pm

scoutingwv wrote:WE HAVE A WINNER
Per my harassment of hidenseekWV above, feel free to keep talking about the show here or a mod can close the thread if there's no activity in the next week.

Absolutely! What does everyone think of the non-elimination leg this week? Personally, we're glad that TK/Rachel and Kynt/Vixsen (sp?) are still in the game.
familyfrog

Postby botanycreek on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:26 am

Wow,

Go away for a little while and <<<poof>>> you win something! Honestly, I had no idea since I hadn't been able to watch the last few episodes. Hopefully I'll catch it tonight.

Thanks for playing!

bc
botanycreek

Previous

Return to Games, Quests, Contests & Challenges