A Firefox solution for multiple accounts.

Here we can post any and all threads containing useful information pertaining to Geocaching or other subjects

A Firefox solution for multiple accounts.

Postby Rock_Rat on Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:58 am

If you have multiple accounts on a single website(Gmail, Yahoo, MAGPI, etc...) and wish to be able to switch easily between them or use both simultaneously then there are two solutions available. These solutions work on Firefox for Mac, Linux, or Windows.

First an add on for switching "Cookie Profiles". With this you can choose a profile and reload the page. No logging off or back on just a simple page reload.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3255

Second to use two accounts at the same time. Firefox has built in support for multiple profiles. Your first step is to create a second (or third, or fourth, etc) profile. Now create one Firefox short cut on your desktop for each profile you want to use. Edit the shortcut to add "-no-remote -P Profile_1 " after the path in the target. For example lets say I have two logins (Rock_Rat1, and Rock_Rat2) I would create the following shortcuts on my desktop.

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -no-remote -P Rock_Rat1
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -no-remote -P Rock_Rat2

That's it now you can have a Gmail account for each of your voices and login to them at the same time.
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
Rock_Rat

Re: A Firefox solution for multiple accounts.

Postby scoutingwv on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:06 pm

As if I wasn't schizophrenic enough already, now we can all be online at the same time!

Great tip! Thanks for sharing.
scoutingwv

Return to Resources