CacheMaps

Here we can post any and all threads containing useful information pertaining to Geocaching or other subjects

Re: CacheMaps

Postby scoutingwv on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:50 am

Knight who says Ni wrote:I got a lock with the BB maps easily in Chicago and New York. Twice in Charleston. And nothing since. That is why I suggested the receiver. I didn't know if your BB was any better.

I've always wondered if their was a difference or not. My wife has a BB Curve, but I ain't messing with it.
scoutingwv

Re: CacheMaps

Postby Knight who says Ni on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:59 pm

moneytastesbad wrote:Mine is pretty accurate WHEN it gets a lock. I found my first cache using just my BB Curve and BlackStar. And once it gets a lock, it is not too bad about losing it, even under the heavy tree canopies in the Snake Hill WMA. The only problem is getting it to lock in the first place.

That is my problem exactly! When you are out caching, who has time to wait 20 minutes (or more) for it to lock?

scoutingwv wrote:I've always wondered if their was a difference or not. My wife has a BB Curve, but I ain't messing with it.

I have met your wife. It is probably best you don't.

Personally, I am drooling over the BB Storm, but have only seen videos. Anyone seen one of these things in person?
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
Knight who says Ni

Previous

Return to Resources