Post Christmas sMAGPI group hunt?

A place to plan and discuss the monthly get togethers.

Post Christmas sMAGPI group hunt?

Postby wvangler on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 pm

My brother - Rabbit of Caerbannog - is coming in for a rare full week from the 27th through to New Years. Typically over the course of a year he comes home to Almost Heaven from Charlotte maybe once or twice for a short weekend. So we are planning a day or two of some marathon caching to get him some caches outside of Roane County for once. Thinking about doing a portion of the new Rt. 50 powertrail, possibly from Parkersburg to Athens, toward the end of the week. Illinitrekker and Cteam would be able to meet up then. Also considering some Charleston/Huntington metro stuff so he can get a handful of ExploreWV caches as well as two new states (KY, OH).

I'm sure you too will be expressing a desire to escape family and maybe even try out that new geocaching thingy you got from Santa. No dates pinned down yet, but thought I'd extend a group invite if anyone wants to get together.

(BTW, I plugged MAGPI some more at the Merry Geocaching Christmas event in Ripley this weekend in the hopes of recruiting some more for the southern end.)
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Re: Post Christmas sMAGPI group hunt?

Postby Handyman & Fam on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Hmmmm.
We will be venturing down into the Charleston area sometime that week too. I don't know exactly when we will be there, but I suspect it will be early in the week. If our schedules coincide, I am in!
Handyman & Fam

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:09 pm

ordinarily I'd say, "heck yeah I'm in!"

but, seeing as how I'll be in Indiana and then Canada over the holidays, I must instead sadly say, "dang...I'm not in." :sad:
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvangler on Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Last call - Rabbit, Wintz50 and I will see what we can drum up in the Huntington/Charleston metro on Wednesday. Predicting 39 degrees...I don't think we've been above freezing this whole month yet. I might wear shorts and a tank top.
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:38 pm

wvangler wrote:Last call - Rabbit, Wintz50 and I will see what we can drum up in the Huntington/Charleston metro on Wednesday. Predicting 39 degrees...I don't think we've been above freezing this whole month yet. I might wear shorts and a tank top.

and flip flops. don't forget flip flops
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvangler on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 pm

See what'chawl missed...

Picked up a 4.5/1 and a 5/5. Felt good to have a day of full on geocaching once again.
wvangler

Postby Wintz on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Awesome pic...that's geocaching.com banner worthy
--wintz50
Wintz

Postby bodoger on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:27 pm

When is the next B&W night going to be? We just got together with some other cachers in our area and have got their interest in SMAGPI as well.
Let it happen captain.....
bodoger

Postby wvangler on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 am

That's WVHunter74's gig. So with a possible resurrection of him we might see a return of B&W on the south end. I might as well be in prison in the evenings with home duties so I rarely ever get to attend...to say nothing of living 50 miles north of Charleston now. You might try drumming up support on twitter or KYOWVA forums as well. ManInTheWild, Queenfish, PilotJ and Crew, EliJoMikiMini and the rest of the extended Hunter74 clan are all regulars. We lost JDS3038 to Baltimore. There may be some new recruits as well. Several in Jackson County (i.e., Allysmom24, Nuggie 99, WVWhiskerfish, etc.) are getting pretty reliable for events. I'm sure WHBaisden would want in on it as well.
wvangler

Return to Monthly Meet Ups