Decline in cachers?

Discussions on this group and ways to improve it.

Moderator: Moderator

Decline in cachers?

Postby RB&B on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 am

It seems like lately there has been a decline in caches finding my hides, even during the winter and early spring there seemed to be a steady flow of finders, but since early may I haven't had too many finders. I get just as excited when people find my hides as I do when I have a big day of caching! Just wondering if anyone else has noticed less people finding there hides?
RB&B

Re: Decline in cachers?

Postby wvangler on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:14 am

My best caches only get hit a couple of times a year anyway so I wouldn't know anything about the sensation of regular logs. Seems like caching in the eastern panhandle has grown like crazy, but I don't see a surge in activity around southern WV.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby thebuddhaman on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:45 am

It seems like the only caches up my way being found any more are the park and grabs with the exception being the Greene Bike Trail.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
thebuddhaman

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:29 am

I don't have any caches that I'd consider epic but they aren't skirt lifters either. That disclaimer being typed, I've had quite a few of my caches hit this Spring.

I think it depends on the number of new cachers and the weather. My caches have been out for quite some time and there have been periods of time where I've considered archiving them only to have a flurry of activity when new folks appear or people are passing through town for WVU related stuff (I live in Morgantown).

Also, we had a long bout of super wet weather followed by extremely hot weather which may deter some folks (not me, I'm an idiot).
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby 3_dogs on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 am

I don't expect my caches to be found often. They are at least a half mile walks in the woods in locations mostly off the beaten path.

I put out a P&G about a month and a half ago. It's only been found once. It's a 2/3.
"Är huvudet dumt får kroppen lida."

Translated - "If the head is dumb the body suffers."
3_dogs

Postby Allysmom24 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:06 pm

wvangler wrote:My best caches only get hit a couple of times a year anyway so I wouldn't know anything about the sensation of regular logs. Seems like caching in the eastern panhandle has grown like crazy, but I don't see a surge in activity around southern WV.

You'll get at least 3 this year. Me, Nuggie99 and wvmikiepar. We love your caches! Still need to make it out to the lake but have to wait for a child-free day or piecemeal it with her.
Allysmom24

Return to Group Discussions