Calling all MAGPIs

Discussions on this group and ways to improve it.

Moderator: Moderator

Calling all MAGPIs

Postby WVGrrl on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 pm

Howdy, all!

I was contacted recently by an 8th-grade school teacher from Bridgeport, who is bringing her class to Prickett's Fort on 4/24/13 for a field trip. The kids (13 of them) are new and enthusiastic geocachers.

She contacted me for purposes of bringing her class down to Hammond after they tour the fort so the kids could find my "Hammond's Ghost" series. But with the time constraints they have, and in a school bus, I don't think Hammond is their best bet.

I volunteered to place a few more caches down near/around the Fort so they could find them there, making better use of their time. And this (in case you hadn't guessed it) is where YOU come in. How about we get together some time between now and then and dream up some cool hides for the kids? We could all go place them together and it'd be fun for us and for them. Maybe the weekend of the 13th/14th?

What sayest thou?

(BTW, the teacher's most recent email to me is pasted below.)

WVgrrl & Finn :doggy:

"Hi Heather,
Oh wow, thank you so much the kind offer. It looks like the caches are really close together on my map so I assumed we could get to all of them. I did see several in the vicinity of the park, but if you have the time and are willing to hide a few more for us that would be terrific. I know the kids are getting tired of my hiding them around our park near the school. With your offer, you have answered my prayers. We had a guest speaker from the state department come and talk about geocaching and what wonderful people are involved with it. I can say I can definitely vouch for that now!....Thanks you so very much, Ann
"
WVGrrl

Re: Calling all MAGPIs

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Beer and wings is tomorrow in Fairmont, might be a good time to talk about it
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Colecops on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:13 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:Beer and wings is tomorrow in Fairmont, might be a good time to talk about it

:iagree: I have quite a few caches I need to place and I have no clue where.
~*COLECOPS*~

To find happiness you must endure some pain.
Colecops

Postby WVGrrl on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Sorry I could not make the get-together. Didn't get home from work until late. :sad:
WVGrrl

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:51 am

Are you thinking temporary caches or permanent ones?
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby WVGrrl on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:49 am

Maybe both? There will be 13 kids, and I was thinking if they broke up into, say, four parties, they could each set out looking for the caches in turn. There are currently four caches, including one puzzle, in reasonable distance from the parking lot. (Personally, I'm terrible at puzzles, but maybe some 13-year-olds could show me up. I'm not even entirely sure what "angry birds" are!)

There would be room for some more permanent caches, including at that little picnic area right outside the park entrance. But if we wanted to throw in a couple of temporaries just to add to their fun, that'd be great, too.

What do you think?
WVGrrl

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Bumpity Bump Bump! Anyone out there?

Loyal sidekick and I are doing a mud run on the 13th so we may well not be able to move afterwards :shock: depends on how badly I injure myself this time year. So I "might" be able to help.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Return to Group Discussions