Puzzle Caches

Discussions on this group and ways to improve it.

Moderator: Moderator

Puzzle Caches

Postby HelloChrissy on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 am

I'm fairly new to geocaching. Most of the caches I've found have been the normal hides, with a few multi cashes thrown in. Now looking at the caches around me, most of what are nearby are puzzle caches. I'm not very good with these and have not been able to solve one by myself. Does anyone have any helpful hints or tips on how I can learn to solve these myself?
"So tell me, are those cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"- Wednesday Addams
HelloChrissy

Re: Puzzle Caches

Postby eightwednesday on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:43 am

Each puzzle cache is a little bit different. I usually pick 4 or 5 I work on at a time. I'm not so hot at puzzles myself, but I give each a good faith effort. When I get stuck or think I have the final coordinates (and there is no geochecker), I email the cache owner (and, sometimes, the most recent finder if I don't hear back from the cache owner) for help or verification.

My experience is that cache owners are the best resource ever. They want you to make the discovery of the cache and how the puzzle works. Good luck!
eightwednesday

Re: Puzzle Caches

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:12 am

I'd suggest starting on the ones with the least difficulty. I'm horrible with puzzles. Horrible.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Return to Group Discussions