Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Tell us about your favorite caches in the mountain state.

Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby Wintz on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:25 am

We did these caches a couple weeks ago and would highly recommend them. It was alot of fun and the trails are not too bad so just about anybody with 4wd can make it to each of them.

Rt 60 Connector Ridge #1 - Briarwood
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 1ef8e7d6c1

Rt 60 Connector Ridge #2 - Pitchfork in the Road
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 27251dd041

Rt 60 Connector Ridge #3 - Somewhere Up There
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 49aff56739
Image
--wintz50
User avatar
Wintz
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Ona, WV

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby Knight who says Ni on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:38 am

I have been looking at these for a bit. They look fun and will save on gas. Thanks!
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
User avatar
Knight who says Ni
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: the cave of Kyre Banorg

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby wvhunter74 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:52 pm

I need to get these to
User avatar
wvhunter74
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: chapmanville wv

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby wvhunter on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:21 pm

Wintz wrote:...just about anybody with 4wd can make it to each of them.

But what about a Buick Regal with delusions of being a 4wd?
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby Wintz on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:24 am

I dunno, you could try..... :???:
Image
--wintz50
User avatar
Wintz
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Ona, WV

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby Knight who says Ni on Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:04 pm

wvhunter wrote:
Wintz wrote:...just about anybody with 4wd can make it to each of them.

But what about a Buick Regal with delusions of being a 4wd?


You would need to make it down this way first. If you do, we will find a way to get to these!
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
User avatar
Knight who says Ni
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: the cave of Kyre Banorg

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby wvangler on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:30 am

I'm thinking my Jetta with 2 1/2" of ground clearance is out on this one. Sounds like one to take the bike to. Whilst you're in that general direction you can drop off towards Mammoth and come back around thru Quick and grab the three that Frex3wv has planted through there. The one up on the rock cliff 100' above the road is a goodun. I still need to get those 'more difficult' ones on the NE side of Rt. 60 that require hiking.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
User avatar
wvangler
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Spencer, WV

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:57 am

Giving this thread a bump since the sMAGPI event on August 27 will be nearby and I'm sure we'll have a Jeep or two on hand.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby wvhunter on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:32 am

With the sMAGPI event on Saturday, are we looking at an overnight stay and then these three caches on Sunday?
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby wvhunter74 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:27 am

wvhunter wrote:With the sMAGPI event on Saturday, are we looking at an overnight stay and then these three caches on Sunday?

im game
User avatar
wvhunter74
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: chapmanville wv

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby wvangler on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:07 pm

wvhunter wrote:With the sMAGPI event on Saturday, are we looking at an overnight stay and then these three caches on Sunday?


Can't we do it after the event??? SSPG put fancy new lights on her Jeep anyway. Cuz there's no chance I'm driving to Charleston two days in a row. Wintz/Watts/etc how long does this trek take?
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
User avatar
wvangler
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Spencer, WV

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby Wintz on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:32 pm

it took us about 4 hours, but we didnt have a map of the area and the gps that i had at the time was just the yellow etrex without much of a basemap, we just followed the arrow, after all we were in a jeep...
Image
--wintz50
User avatar
Wintz
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: Ona, WV

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby wvhunter on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:24 pm

Wintz wrote:it took us about 4 hours, but we didnt have a map of the area and the gps that i had at the time was just the yellow etrex without much of a basemap, we just followed the arrow, after all we were in a jeep...

So with a guide, <wink wink>, how long would it take? Are we looking at a EARLY start to the day or leaving the event a little early to hit the road?
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:45 pm

wvhunter wrote:
Wintz wrote:it took us about 4 hours, but we didnt have a map of the area and the gps that i had at the time was just the yellow etrex without much of a basemap, we just followed the arrow, after all we were in a jeep...

So with a guide, <wink wink>, how long would it take? Are we looking at a EARLY start to the day or leaving the event a little early to hit the road?


I'm throwing the event so I'm staying until it is over.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Re: Rt 60 connector ridge caches

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:40 pm

In light of the impending MAGPI caravan to sMAGPI this coming weekend I thought I'd bump this thread as a reminder.

Unless something squirrely happens between now and Saturday I'm planning on taking the Jeep down and going after these caches Saturday (I have to come home ASAP Sunday morning). I know pbump was quite interested in participating in the opportunity to make poor choices.


Wintz wrote:We did these caches a couple weeks ago and would highly recommend them. It was alot of fun and the trails are not too bad so just about anybody with 4wd can make it to each of them.

Rt 60 Connector Ridge #1 - Briarwood
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 1ef8e7d6c1

Rt 60 Connector Ridge #2 - Pitchfork in the Road
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 27251dd041

Rt 60 Connector Ridge #3 - Somewhere Up There
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 49aff56739
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Next

Return to Suggested Caches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron