WV County Challenge Cache

Here we can cover all things geo-challenge related.

Re: WV County Challenge Cache

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon May 17, 2010 5:53 pm

well I'm getting more and more excited about this. I am so close to finishing this off.

Remaining Counties: Summers, Monroe, Mingo, Wayne

sidekick and I are planning a cache run to Summers & Monroe over Memorial Day weekend.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby pbump on Mon May 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Wyoming, Greenbrier, Summers, Monroe.
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby wvhunter74 on Mon May 17, 2010 8:47 pm

ok my event is over so Im going to try to finish this with in a month now
wvhunter74

Postby wvangler on Tue May 18, 2010 6:09 am

Looks like a rash of completions on this one expected this summer. My co-worker friend GrapevineEER hit his 100th cache yesterday with me at Pinnacle Rock in Mercer County. Then we drove Rt 52 from there and picked up McDowell, Wyoming, Mingo and Logan Counties for him. Tomorrow I am going with him and he will pick up Pendleton, Grant, Hardy, Hampshire and Morgan Counties. In less than 150 caches he is going to complete the WV County Challenge! That is nutz'. :eek: I kept trying to tell him that whilst he was making the effort he should've been doing the DeLorme too, but he would have nothing of it. "One step at a time" he said. Apparently he doesn't do things like I do :shock: .

I am planning now to check on the final during Memorial Weekend (hopefully).

Congratulations to all of you who are making big strides. I am biased, but I think this is one of the best caches in the state. :cool: On a side/similar note, I now have 5 counties left on WVTim's coin. For those of you not in the know, WVTim (originally from Hurricane, now of Martinsburg area) started a WV Geocoin that he wanted to visit all 55 counties. Some of you have had it before me, but when I got it there were about 15 to 20 counties completed. I asked him if it was ok if I kept his coin a while to dip it in the remaining counties and he was totally game with that. So I now have Pendleton (will get tomorrow for him), Webster, Pocahontas, Doddridge and Summers Counties left. I'm pretty sure that after I finish his coin out I will have completed the WV County Challenge requirements twice around in less than 2 years. Still debating on whether to log the final though. :???:
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Lledier on Tue May 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Lemme see...I have um, 5 counties with finds...don't think I'm gonna finish this one this summer...especially not with my work schedule.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Lledier

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:10 am

Knocked off Summers & Monroe this weekend.

And so now I have Wayne & Mingo remaining. THAT'S going to be a fun trip.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvangler on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:20 am

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:Knocked off Summers & Monroe this weekend.

Yick! Saving the best for last huh Pony?
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:08 am

wvangler wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:Knocked off Summers & Monroe this weekend.

Yick! Saving the best for last huh Pony?

My Dad lived and worked in Williamson for a short period of time in the early 1980's. Let me tell you, Williamson scared me to death.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby 89SC on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:58 pm

The Coal House, GC11WMG, is easy and there is a Bed & Breakfast nearby that's easy. It's GC1F284, INNKEEPER MICHAEL J.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby wvangler on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:37 am

89SC wrote:The Coal House, GC11WMG, is easy and there is a Bed & Breakfast nearby that's easy. It's GC1F284, INNKEEPER MICHAEL J.

If you are making an epic journey from Morgantown to Williamson you might as well take the extra 30 minutes to do Williamson Overlook cache...given that you are not doing it solo. There may be a cache at Crum for Wayne Co but I haven't checked. Rt. 52 is a PIA drive. Good luck. I'm still waiting for this year's run on the County Challenge final :cool:
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:58 pm

wvangler wrote:If you are making an epic journey from Morgantown to Williamson you might as well take the extra 30 minutes to do Williamson Overlook cache...given that you are not doing it solo. There may be a cache at Crum for Wayne Co but I haven't checked. Rt. 52 is a PIA drive. Good luck. I'm still waiting for this year's run on the County Challenge final :cool:

What does that mean exactly? Because it isn't much of a ringing endorsement.

looking to finish up in the next two weeks. Depending on my work schedule.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvhunter74 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
wvangler wrote:If you are making an epic journey from Morgantown to Williamson you might as well take the extra 30 minutes to do Williamson Overlook cache...given that you are not doing it solo. There may be a cache at Crum for Wayne Co but I haven't checked. Rt. 52 is a PIA drive. Good luck. I'm still waiting for this year's run on the County Challenge final :cool:

What does that mean exactly? Because it isn't much of a ringing endorsement.

looking to finish up in the next two weeks. Depending on my work schedule.

williamson overlook is a great cache is you do it on a thur or sun i will be a tour guide
wvhunter74

Postby pbump on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:49 am

Wyoming. That's it. And it's a state, should get a pass. But we'll get it anyhow. One left.
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:30 pm

done and done.

my final run was through Mingo & Wayne.

So now I am ready to go after the final. hurry up pbump....hurry up.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Lledier on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:43 pm

I'm up to 8 counties...ok, at this rate, I'll be ready for the final...in about 10 years. Hmm...gonna have to pick up the pace.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Lledier

PreviousNext

Return to Challenge Arena