WV Fizzy Challenge

Here we can cover all things geo-challenge related.

Re: WV Fizzy Challenge

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:44 pm

Aquacache wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:(I finally updated my chart on the first page of this thread)

Uh ... you may want to look at that a little closer. :???:

this is what I get for telling you I was smart.

I have re-updated it. and by that I mean corrected it to reflect what squares are actually missing.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby 89SC on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:59 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
thebuddhaman wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:So 3 left with a possibility of knocking 1 of those squares off this weekend.

and what 3 would that be

D/T: 5/2.5 4.5/4 5/4

(I finally updated my chart on the first page of this thread)

The WV DeLorme is a 5/2.5. Don't you have that?
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby Aquacache on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:03 pm

We're planning on using the DeLorme for that square, but neither of us have the final yet. We're talking about POT 'O' GOLD over in Hagerstown for the D5/T4 and helping phriendly box east of Neola (Lake Sherwood) for the D4.5/T4. It will be after the 1st before we can get down there.

Unfortunately, I still don't have a CITO.

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby 89SC on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:41 pm

I was going to recommend Pot'O'Gold. A lot of people use it for the Fizzy. It's highly over rated. For the other one, I did GCXARG, Amalya's House of Rock. Nice hike, cool rock. It's easy compared to some 'coalcat caches. It's above Johnstown though.
89SC

Postby wvangler on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:00 am

Helping Phriendly Box is a groovy hike. Cteam recommended it to me. At the parking area take the 4-wheeler trail straight up the hill. It is an, um, interesting ascent. I thought I was going to blow out a gunyon before I got to the top as I was in a hurry to get it over with. Kind of like my "run" to the top of Seneca Rocks followed by my "run" to the top of Cranny Crow Overlook in the same day. Except phriendly box does not reward you with the views at the aforementioned ascents.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Aquacache wrote:We're planning on using the DeLorme for that square, but neither of us have the final yet. We're talking about POT 'O' GOLD over in Hagerstown for the D5/T4 and helping phriendly box east of Neola (Lake Sherwood) for the D4.5/T4. It will be after the 1st before we can get down there.

Unfortunately, I still don't have a CITO.

so yesterday I knocked off POT 'O' GOLD. The container had no lid and was squished and full of mud. Fortunately the log was safe and dry in a nice little zip baggie. Since we had the Subie (meaning I had all my caching stuff with me) I went ahead and swapped out containers - you know for one that had a lid and sealed. I'm sure the guy mowing the lawn was probably wondering what in the world was so interesting in that drainage ditch.

So....one more down and two left to go.

I'll be both sad & glad (mostly relieved) to be done with this particular challenge.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Aquacache on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:37 pm

I finally got around to picking up the DeLorme final this morning, which fills in a square and leaves one remaining. That will probably end up being Amalya's House of Rock ... hopefully in the near future.

What's sad is that I've already completed the Alabama Fizzy Challenge. It seems that the owner of that challenge actually trusts people to not cheat. Go figure.

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby 89SC on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Amalya's House of Rock is cool. It's a bit of a hike but not too bad. There's a cool old dam on the way up that I got some good shots of. The locals drive right up to the rock and have a campfire ring there. You're not supposed to but PA doesn't gate their gamelands.
89SC

Postby thebuddhaman on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:13 pm

89SC wrote:Amalya's House of Rock is cool. It's a bit of a hike but not too bad. There's a cool old dam on the way up that I got some good shots of. The locals drive right up to the rock and have a campfire ring there. You're not supposed to but PA doesn't gate their gamelands.

just don't get caught the game commission will seize your car and give you a hefty fine.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
thebuddhaman

Postby 89SC on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:27 pm

I wasn't recommending it, just saying what I saw. There seemed to be a lot of driving in the area where Scattered Remains was too.
89SC

Postby wvangler on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 am

Congrats AC on completing the DeLorme final!
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby thebuddhaman on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:00 pm

89SC wrote:I wasn't recommending it, just saying what I saw. There seemed to be a lot of driving in the area where Scattered Remains was too.

dolphy and I was hiking not far from scattered remains 3 weeks ago and ran into this guy, He was all kind of mad about something he started rettling as soon as he saw us.
Attachments
IMG_4993[1].jpg
IMG_4993[1].jpg (295.95 KB) Viewed 897 times
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

thebuddhaman

Postby 89SC on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:39 pm

I was wondering where that was. I wish someone would redo Scattered Remains and Polly Takes a Plunge. I loved those.
89SC

Postby thebuddhaman on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:12 pm

89SC wrote:I was wondering where that was. I wish someone would redo Scattered Remains and Polly Takes a Plunge. I loved those.

We were going to place caches back out there but after dolphin stepped on a black snake and then 50' away we ran into that rattler we decided to wait until fall.

thebuddhaman

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Finally got the DeLorme final today as mentioned in another thread. That filled in one more fizzy square. I have one remaining (I'm lazy right now and am not updating my matrix).

I still need at D4.5/T4 which is most likely going to be GCXARG - Amalia's House of Rocks.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

PreviousNext

Return to Challenge Arena