WV Alphanumeric Challenge GC22BJK

Here we can cover all things geo-challenge related.

WV Alphanumeric Challenge GC22BJK

Postby wvangler on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:12 pm

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=2f0a4210-5f47-4724-b65e-a801ce44d0c0

So, since I don't have GSAK with me, I've spent an agonizing hour looking through all my caches one by one. Unless I missed one, here is what I lack:

-Z

Anyone know of any cache hiders whose names start with any of those figures?
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Re: WV Alphanumeric Challenge GC22BJK

Postby wvangler on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Ok, so using the "Find a Geocacher" function I've gone through the "0's" and the "Z's" and I cannot find anyone with those characters east of the Mississippi.

-edit- As an experiment I tried entering the number 1 (I have found a cache by 1hotmom so I wanted to see if it returned her in the search). It did not return her in my search so apparently using that feature on geocaching.com is not reliable as a search source for this cache. So now what? Does anyone know of a better way of searching out cachers with the alphanumeric requirements?

-also edit- WVHunter, what if there are multiple names of cachers who've hidden the cache. For example - "CLCombat and Aquacache"? Can you count either one or only the first one?

-also also edit- I can only handle the stress consumption of one challenge at a time. Now I've got the Fizzy and the Alphanumeric to deal with? So help me if you create another one soon I'm gonna explode. :shock:

-the person who authors these edits has just been sacked- How about one "the" wildcard? Allowing us to use one geocacher's name that starts with "the" (i.e., The 8astard).
wvangler

Postby smithdk on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:21 pm

I checked out my caches and I only lack 0 and 7. The other hard to find names that start with numbers I have found in Mississippi and Nebraska. So you have not found any caches by 89SC?
smithdk

Postby wvhunter on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:22 pm

wvangler wrote:-also edit- WVHunter, what if there are multiple names of cachers who've hidden the cache. For example - "CLCombat and Aquacache"? Can you count either one or only the first one?

"3. Caching name is determined by the cachers registered Geocaching.com name on their profile page. This is the page that comes up AFTER you click on the cache owner link on the top of the cache page."
-also also edit- I can only handle the stress consumption of one challenge at a time. Now I've got the Fizzy and the Alphanumeric to deal with? So help me if you create another one soon I'm gonna explode. :shock:

This I gotta see. :reddot:

PS. also also also, I have another "challenge" in mind. I'm just looking for a location and have a few spots in mind.
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Postby wvangler on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Yeah, I've found a couple of 89SC caches, missed those - thanks for pointing that out.

Ah, thanks for the rule clarification. I'm too ADHD to actually read through the rules. Throws in a new wrinkle though. On some of them the second name in the "hidden by" list is the one who pops up when clicked upon. Gonna have to QC my list again.

Another challenge? NNOOOOOOooooo (secretly, YES, I love these challenges).
wvangler

Postby smithdk on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

smithdk

Postby smithdk on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:48 pm

smithdk

Postby smithdk on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:53 pm

smithdk

Postby 89SC on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 pm

I can't believe wvangler forgot me :sad:

I saw the notification on this cache this morning and knew it had to be wvhunter's doing. I haven't finished the last one yet. Going through my finds, I have the alphabet but I need: 0,1,5,8, and 9.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby Aquacache on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Looks like I need 0, 1 and 2.

Guess I'll have to see if I can find any users with names that match those. I have some finds hidden by people who's names start with "one" and "two" ... does that count? :lol:

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby 89SC on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:11 pm

I found a cacher that goes by 007 who has a bunch of caches hidden in the Pinehurst, MD area.
89SC

Postby wvangler on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:15 pm

thanks smithdk.

Brian, sorry for the slight. It was a product of going through caches one by one. Although, I think I've only found two of yours...I need to get up that way more.

AQ, 1hotmom has a cache in Chief Logan SP.
wvangler

Postby 89SC on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:21 pm

I forgot about 1hotmom. That's another # I need.

There's a cacher that goes by "2000Mountaineer" that had some caches in Bridgeport that the City killed. He still has caches in VA.

Does anyone have a 5 or 9?
89SC

Postby Aquacache on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 am

If I don't get down to get the one by 1hotmom, there are a couple caches by 121mb up in Pittsburgh. I didn't get either of the caches by 2000Mountaineer before they were archived.

Unfortunately, the 5's that I found were in California and the 9 was in Texas ... can't help you there.

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby 89SC on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:14 am

I'm going to have fun finding an 8 since everyone else is using my caches for it.
89SC

Next

Return to Challenge Arena