WV Alphanumeric Challenge GC22BJK

Here we can cover all things geo-challenge related.

Re: WV Alphanumeric Challenge GC22BJK

Postby Pilot J on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:40 pm

I think you mean "down" to sign the log book. . . :grin:
Pilot J

Postby Pilot J on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Oh, and we HIGHLY recommend that you go before the snow is a foot deep and frozen in blocks - right Angler?
Pilot J

Postby wvangler on Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Pilot J wrote:Oh, and we HIGHLY recommend that you go before the snow is a foot deep and frozen in blocks - right Angler?

What do you mean? I seem to vaguely remember a 300 mile round trip to DNF several snowed over caches with you, but after months of therapy I'm unsure if this was a part of that.

Good gawd, this post and the 40 degree weather outside has brought my nervous tick back. I hate caching in the snow.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Pilot J on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Yeah, but think how much therapy you'd need if you didn't cache in the snow?
Pilot J

Postby SnowXRacer on Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:11 am

So Greenie333 and I decided to see where we stand on this challenge and we are much closer than we thought. All we need is V, X, 1, 5, and 9. Any suggestions of close caches to fulfill these??
SnowXRacer

Postby thebuddhaman on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:51 am

for the 1 try GC15KT4 , the 5 GC16JTP , the v GC1E97, these are the closest i know of, for the x and the 9 it will probably be a drive to find them
SnowXRacer wrote:So Greenie333 and I decided to see where we stand on this challenge and we are much closer than we thought. All we need is V, X, 1, 5, and 9. Any suggestions of close caches to fulfill these??
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
thebuddhaman

Postby 89SC on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:16 am

There's a 1 just outside of Farmington. It's GC2976V.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:22 am

SnowXRacer wrote:So Greenie333 and I decided to see where we stand on this challenge and we are much closer than we thought. All we need is V, X, 1, 5, and 9. Any suggestions of close caches to fulfill these??

There is a 9 near Mt. Gretna, PA. GC25GYP. Very easy cache.

Funny enough the cachers (9 Level o'Pain) are the kids of Odie who has his own Alphanumeric Challenge. (the one I saw and - my most sincere apologies - told wvhunter about). He must be one wicked dude, because he created his kids' account after he published his challenge and their caches do not qualify for the 9 spot of his cache.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby SnowXRacer on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:30 am

thebuddhaman wrote:for the 1 try GC15KT4 , the 5 GC16JTP , the v GC1E97, these are the closest i know of, for the x and the 9 it will probably be a drive to find them

Thanks! The #5 you mention is on the way home to see my parents and we were planning a trip here really soon so we will be sure to grab that one. The 1 and V should also be easy grabs next time we are up that way. Now is just that elusive X and 9.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
There is a 9 near Mt. Gretna, PA. GC25GYP. Very easy cache.

Funny enough the cachers (9 Level o'Pain) are the kids of Odie who has his own Alphanumeric Challenge. (the one I saw and - my most sincere apologies - told wvhunter about). He must be one wicked dude, because he created his kids' account after he published his challenge and their caches do not qualify for the 9 spot of his cache.

Thanks for the hint on #9, but its unfortunately a year and a half too late! :mad: (my fault not yours) Greenie333 used to live/go to school in Hershey so we have cached in that area a good bit, but never grabbed this cache. We have met Odie and his 9 Levels o' Pain while working on his "50 State Quarter Series" and found out he actually worked where Greenie went to school. His Jeep with the TB on it was in the parking lot every day and we never noticed it!

-Back to working on another challenge!
SnowXRacer

Postby 89SC on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:34 pm

There's a cacher that goes by x3ad from the Sandstone area. The caches are right off I-64. GC15ZYA, GC15Z8C, GC15Z81, GC14CV0.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby SnowXRacer on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:17 pm

89SC wrote:There's a cacher that goes by x3ad from the Sandstone area. The caches are right off I-64. GC15ZYA, GC15Z8C, GC15Z81, GC14CV0.

Thanks! Looks like we may have to make a quick swing by here when we are down that way next month.
SnowXRacer

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:01 pm

SnowXRacer wrote:
Thanks for the hint on #9, but its unfortunately a year and a half too late! :mad: (my fault not yours) Greenie333 used to live/go to school in Hershey so we have cached in that area a good bit, but never grabbed this cache. We have met Odie and his 9 Levels o' Pain while working on his "50 State Quarter Series" and found out he actually worked where Greenie went to school. His Jeep with the TB on it was in the parking lot every day and we never noticed it!

-Back to working on another challenge!

Mt. Gretna's not that far away....

heck, I went to Toledo for my 0, only to find there was one up near Hershey. For that matter I went to Michigan City, IN for my 5.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby the watts on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:51 am

After taking the "not so round a bout" way home from Raleigh, NC yesterday, we finished up with a 5 & 6. Now we just have to find some time to head north!
the watts

Postby Aquacache on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:15 pm

I just found another Alphanumeric Challenge cache down here in FL last night. They've got just about as many challenge caches down here as we do. Must have their own version of "TB". :eek:

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby pbump on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:29 pm

Aquacache wrote:I just found another Alphanumeric Challenge cache down here in FL last night. They've got just about as many challenge caches down here as we do. Must have their own version of "TB". :eek:

Maybe we should take the next cacher who puts out a challenge cache out behind the woodshed and show 'em what for.....
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

PreviousNext

Return to Challenge Arena