WV state park challenge GC26ZJG

Here we can cover all things geo-challenge related.

WV state park challenge GC26ZJG

Postby wvhunter74 on Fri May 21, 2010 8:41 pm

This looks like alot of fun myself and 1hotmom are going to start working on it to bad for us we only have 4 so far lol
wvhunter74

Re: WV state park challenge GC26ZJG

Postby wvangler on Mon May 24, 2010 7:04 am

I knew this was coming! :grin: This one has my name written all over it. Thanks WVHunter for adding to my insanity (and for the research that went into creating this one). I have to tell you that reading the cache description has brought tears to my eyes...

Tomlinson Run SP (which is not in Pt. Pleasant by the way) - Was there 2 months ago, didn't go find a cache
Berkeley Springs SP - was near there last week, didn't go find a cache
Lost River SP - was there getting my VIPP card stamped less than 5 months ago, didn't go for the 4 hour round trip earthcache
Tygart Lake SP - (see Lost River SP)
Cathedral SP - (see Lost River and Tygart Lake SP)
...it goes on and on like that. :sad:

At any rate, at first look I know I have at least 14 of them done (Babcock, Beartown, Blackwater, Cacapon, Canaan, Carnifex Ferry, Cedar Creek, Chief Logan, Hawks Nest, Pinnacle Rock, Pipestem, Tu-Endie-Wei and Twin Falls. Of all of them, Audra, Blennerhasset Island, Moncove Lake, Prickett's Fort, Valley Falls and Watters Smith are the only ones I have never been to. Also, on first glance - Blennerhasset Island, Bluestone, Cass, Droop, Stonewall and Watters Smith do not harbor any geocaches - so the photo op there should make things easy (much much easier than the Pinnacle Rock cache is going to be for the rest of the competitors - mwahahahaha).
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby geodad56 on Mon May 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Sorry wvangler but Watters Smith has two caches. Mr. P's Watters Smith Memorial GCMH42 and my Hershey-White Oak Trail GC278KD. So it looks like a photo op is out.
geodad56

Postby Wintz on Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 am

I have some time off work at the end of June, so I am considering doing this challenge and maybe finishing the county challenge as well. Ya think its possible to pick up around 25 or so parks in a week? I knocked off 22 pages of the delorme challenge in a weekend, this should be a piece of cake...
--wintz50
Wintz

Postby wvangler on Tue May 25, 2010 6:21 am

geodad56 wrote:Sorry wvangler but Watters Smith has two caches. Mr. P's Watters Smith Memorial GCMH42 and my Hershey-White Oak Trail GC278KD. So it looks like a photo op is out.

I was going off of the green park boundaries as shown on google maps. I am going to get Mr. P's cache tomorrow on a whirlwind tour similar to what Wintz speaks of, but according to google maps it is outside of the park boundary so that is why I said that. The two that are going to bog me down tomorrow are Valley Falls and Tygart Lake State Parks. No park and grabs there, which is all fine and dandy except when you're on a mad mad tour.

Wintz wrote:I have some time off work at the end of June, so I am considering doing this challenge and maybe finishing the county challenge as well. Ya think its possible to pick up around 25 or so parks in a week? I knocked off 22 pages of the delorme challenge in a weekend, this should be a piece of cake...

Yeah man, as the guy on 'The Waterboy' says, "you can dooo eet". WVHunter obviously went out of his way to make this one really friggin difficult though. Lost River? Geez. I can get to Florida and back in that much time. I am also positive in my conspiracy theory that Hunter went out of his way to cross check which State Parks I have logged caches in and which ones I haven't and then made it purposely hard on me. Someone email me the coordinates to his house and I'm going to place a challenge cache in his front yard that he can't possibly complete.
wvangler

Postby 3_dogs on Tue May 25, 2010 9:00 am

wvangler wrote:... WVHunter obviously went out of his way to make this one really friggin difficult though. ... Someone email me the coordinates to his house and I'm going to place a challenge cache in his front yard that he can't possibly complete.

You place it and I'll use it as the starting point for "Old Engine Block" TB. Since it won't likely fit into the container I'll just leave it in the front yard.
"Är huvudet dumt får kroppen lida."

Translated - "If the head is dumb the body suffers."
3_dogs

Postby scoutingwv on Tue May 25, 2010 10:59 am

wvangler wrote:Someone email me the coordinates to his house and I'm going to place a challenge cache in his front yard that he can't possibly complete.

No problem.
scoutingwv

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue May 25, 2010 12:09 pm

3_dogs wrote:
wvangler wrote:... WVHunter obviously went out of his way to make this one really friggin difficult though. ... Someone email me the coordinates to his house and I'm going to place a challenge cache in his front yard that he can't possibly complete.

You place it and I'll use it as the starting point for "Old Engine Block" TB. Since it won't likely fit into the container I'll just leave it in the front yard.

I'll go after the bus stop and drop it in as well.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby 3_dogs on Tue May 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
3_dogs wrote:

And start your "Cracked Exhaust Manifold" TB there too.

3_dogs

Postby 89SC on Tue May 25, 2010 6:33 pm

I've got an old Festiva engine I need to get rid of :grin:
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue May 25, 2010 8:48 pm

3_dogs wrote:
3_dogs wrote:You place it and I'll use it as the starting point for "Old Engine Block" TB. Since it won't likely fit into the container I'll just leave it in the front yard.

funny man. Very funny man.

I need that cracked manifold to run the vehicle.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvangler on Wed May 26, 2010 6:24 am

Sounds like a plan!!!! :lol:

Well, it has begun. I got Bluestone SP and Camp Creek yesterday. Off today for a run on north central SP's.
wvangler

Postby wvhunter on Wed May 26, 2010 9:16 am

3_dogs wrote:
3_dogs wrote:You place it and I'll use it as the starting point for "Old Engine Block" TB. Since it won't likely fit into the container I'll just leave it in the front yard.

I live in a trailer park!!! :lol:
Do you really think anyone would notice another pile of "junk" laying around?
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Postby 3_dogs on Wed May 26, 2010 9:50 am

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:I need that cracked manifold to run the vehicle.

Didn't find another one yet?

3_dogs

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed May 26, 2010 12:09 pm

3_dogs wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:I need that cracked manifold to run the vehicle.

Didn't find another one yet?

nope. Now investigating having the current one welded. My Dad is checking with a buddy of his who restores old cars as a hobby.

I hate to disable the car entirely, being that once disabled who knows how long it will be until she's up and running again (and I have already paid my entry fee for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Kick-Off Rallye on July 11) but looks like my choices are limited unless I want to spend a bunch of cash for a brand spanking new header.

and to be On Topic, I'll probably try to hit a few state parks this weekend since sidekick and i will be on the road. My original intent was to stop and get the VIPP stamps but I guess if there's a cache there I may as well stop and do that too :roll:

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Next

Return to Challenge Arena