WV Everyday Cache (GC2EV26)

Here we can cover all things geo-challenge related.

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Yet another reason to curse wvhunter and his prolific placement of challenge caches (Although clearly I'm participating yet again. I can't seem to ignore them.)

As of today - March 2, 2011 - I have found a cache on 316 of the 366 possible days (that includes Leap Day, which this cache does not require). If all goes well and I don't have some horrible injury which would prevent me from leaving the house (or hospital, or insane asylum) I should fulfill the requirements for this cache on January 11, 2012. Yeah. I missed a day in January. I hate myself for doing so as well. But since I don't have a time machine or a flux capacitor to hook to the Subie, I am just going to have to patient and carry on.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Re: WV Everyday Cache (GC2EV26)

Postby LuckyAquar on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:28 pm

I was afraid this cache would rear it's ugly head in WV, and leave it to WVhunter to take it upon himself to provide us with this nasty. I know that I am no where close to completing this thing. :sad:
LuckyAquar

Postby wvhunter on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:52 pm

evil smiley.jpg
evil smiley.jpg (15.67 KB) Viewed 2033 times
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Postby WVKiwi on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Ah, at least Feb 29 is excluded. That's nicer than the VA version!
For me it's something like 322 out of 366 right now. I'm slowly trying to knock out days...
WVKiwi

Postby Aquacache on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:30 pm

While spending pretty much the entire month of September and then another week of October working in Florida, I saw reference to one of these caches. I had seen them before that time, but had successfully pushed them to the depths of my poor memory. Upon seeing one again in FL, I decided to start working on filling in my calendar in preparation for the day someone (as if I didn't know who) would place this cache near home. I mentioned my plan to SSPG and she started shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, I started working on it 3 days later than I should have and cost myself a complete month.

Finding a cache the night of the big Jan 26 snow storm was interesting. I had been saving the easy local caches for days when I had to have a cache but didn't really feel like going after one. Nonetheless, on Jan 26, I still decided to drive down to Fairmont and give Off Your Rocker a try. Despite the fact that they were using a Bobcat to clear the parking lot (yes, there was that much snow), the place was too crowded to search really hard. So I ended up driving out through Barrackville and on to get Not So Monumental ... Glad I had the GCC.

Unforeseen distractions/illnesses/disasters aside, I will finish everything -- except Leap Day -- on October 14. It would have been September 14 had I started those 3 days earlier. In all, 27 days to go.

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby wvangler on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 am

I know that PilotJ and Crew have been working feverishly since the new year to fill in all their days. I just can't bring myself to forcing the calendar caching upon myself just yet. I may finish this one in the next 5 years, but I'm going to continue to randomly cache for a while before consciously working on it.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Nuggie99 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:16 am

Basically what angler said. We just got started last year, so it will take us a while to fill in the gaps. But eventually we'll get there.
Nuggie99

Postby Handyman & Fam on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:55 pm

There is a cache just like this one in my neck of the woods. GC2KNB0
I had been working on filling my calendar as a personal goal since February of 2010. As it stands right now, I only need 3 more days to complete it.
Handyman & Fam

Postby 89SC on Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:36 pm

As soon as I saw the chart in the Stats section, I knew there would be a cache coming. Since most of my caching is done on Saturdays, It'll be awhile before I finish this one. I need caches for the next 2 days but there is nothing nearby.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:33 pm

89SC wrote:As soon as I saw the chart in the Stats section, I knew there would be a cache coming. Since most of my caching is done on Saturdays, It'll be awhile before I finish this one. I need caches for the next 2 days but there is nothing nearby.

and thus the conundrum.

I've been saving some nearby grabs in the event that something more important than caching gets in the way of caching. Yeah I know, shockingly it can happen.

IN March I only am missing caches on 4 days and they are all within the first two weeks.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby BobnLinda on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:58 pm

We are just hoping to live long enough and to be mobile enough do to this one ! It may be walker time by the time we get all the days.
BobnLinda

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:50 am

Well, after what was supposed to be a well choreographed evening of fun and food went chaotically astray, I did manage to get a cache sometime around 10:00 pm last night (3/11/11) and thus am done with March Everyday requirements.

So no more freaking out when I realize that it's raining, I'm tired, I'm in the middle of something complex and boring and I "need" a cache....at least for a few weeks.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Pilot J on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Our New Year's Resolution was to fill in the cache calendar. I mean "lose 10 lbs or walk 10,000 steps a day" is sooooo boring. We started the year with 128 empty squares. We are down to 60. But caching in the 90's is not a lotta fun - EGGs and P&Gs. We will finish, with any luck, 12/31. Really appreciate Hunter coming up with a way for us to celebrate when we finally make it!
Pilot J

Postby wvhunter74 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:26 pm

well Ill have to wait till next year lol
wvhunter74

Postby Aquacache on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:58 pm

After getting a cache this evening to fill in the only day I needed in July, I'm down to 6 days left (not counting leap day).

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Next

Return to Challenge Arena