West Virginia Top 10 Challenge GC2WCG9

Here we can cover all things geo-challenge related.

Re: West Virginia Top 10 Challenge GC2WCG9

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:22 am

Finished up the remaining caches on my list yesterday with Aquacache, CLCombat & Knight Who Says Ni....so hopefully this week I'll remember to actually go get the final and claim my smiley.

This was probably the quickest I have ever managed to finish up a challenge cache!
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby SnowXRacer on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 am

Congrats! That is another one for us that will not be completed any time soon.
SnowXRacer

Postby Aquacache on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:44 pm

Not only did I pick up the last cache I needed for the Top 10, I also picked up a couple more that only leaves me with 1 left before I have all of the current Top 20 favorites in WV (just in case someone decides to put out another challenge).

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby Pilot J on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:34 pm

We did the Cave after a day of rain. It was slicker than PUDDING. Pegged the Crew's Danger Meter to the far right as she slid down toward the very first ladder with nothing to grab before going over the edge into the darkness! We hear that the "dry" season is November. Opt for the pricy head lamps - they are worth it.
Pilot J

Postby 89SC on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:38 pm

I felt bad after reading your log. I hope I didn't make it sound too easy. It was dry when I went and I didn't have any problems with traction.
Growing Old is compulsory, Growing up is Optional!
89SC

Postby Pilot J on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:42 pm

The Pilot didn't have too much trouble other than he hates caves. It seemed to be a short legs and arms problem. We were saved by the yellow rope or I'd still be at the bottom of the slide!! But that is exactly why we went the day before WVTim. At worst it would be one night in the cave.
Pilot J

Postby Aquacache on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:03 pm

I decided to finally drive south today -- since I was already halfway there -- to get the highest rated cache that I didn't already have. I now have completed (or own, in one case) each of the WV Top 20. :cool:

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby wvangler on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:19 am

As of a couple of weeks ago I have completed the top 21 favorites.

With so many cachers in the DC metro area it is interesting how caches in the eastern panhandle get so many more hits and favorite points. Most of my caches get found once per year and that seems to be the norm for rural-mainstem WV. Heck, even my Charleston caches go 6 to 10 weeks between finds. So if anyone is considering completing this challenge, in a few more months you will be able to book a room in Martinsburg and collect all 20 of the top caches in a day or two.

Now I need to log the final on this one. Western Mon County is never in my path to anywhere. :???: I'll get it sometime in the next year or two though.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Previous

Return to Challenge Arena