WV Raptor Rehab Center - needs help

A place to sit back, relax, and talk about anything and everything not geocaching related.

Moderator: Moderator

WV Raptor Rehab Center - needs help

Postby deizelsmommy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:58 am

Good morning Fellow Magpi's
The WVRRC is in need for some volunteers and quickly. We have just about a month left to create and move the center to a new location.
On Dec. 1st we were told we needed to vacate the premises that we have been housed on for decades. The Center has around 250 acres on Bunner's Ridge in Fairmont but the facility has not been started yet, due to we thought we had time to do as the funds became available.

The Center is asking for any help it can get. This weekend, we are working on the fence to protect the area where the birds will be housed and hopefully, starting on their flight cages. The building where the ICU and everything else will be housed, should be started in about 2 weeks. The new building should go up really fast due to is it a metal building.
Once the building is up, we will need to finish, insulate, put electric, plumbing, etc so the non-feathered animals can be a little comfortable. :???:

Please, if you can donate any of your time to help these guys. It would be greatly appreciated. We will need people to finish the inside of the building, help build the flight cages and then also to move the equipment and supplies from the old to the new location.
Just let me know your email, phone numbers and we will let you know when we are working and on what. I understand it is Christmas but we really need help.

The Center is a non-profit organization so everything you spend (gas, food, etc) or donate will be tax deductible.
If you would like to know more about the center, please visit our webpage at http://WWW.WVRRC.ORG.
Questions, please let me know.
Thank you,
Sheila
deizelsmommy

Re: WV Raptor Rehab Center - needs help

Postby wvhunter on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:49 pm

When you say this weekend, are you talking about tomorrow, Sunday, or are you thinking of next weekend, say Saturday the 17th?
I have a few hours available if you mean next Saturday. On Sunday I already have plans.
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Postby deizelsmommy on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:22 pm

We are currently working this weekend. I am sure we will be working weekends until it is completed.
Tomorrow, Tom and I will be cutting down about 25 trees to make way for the flight cages. They will be digging the holes for the fence posts (high tensel wire) for the electric fence and throughout the week, we will be there putting them in and getting them squared away.

Just let me know what times you are available and we will let you know what we will be working on at that time.
Hope this helps.
deizelsmommy

Postby deizelsmommy on Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:36 am

This weekend we will be working on clearing some more trees and setting posts for the flight cages. They have a dingo with an auger so the hard work will be done by machine.

We would like to get as much done as possible, as the weather cooperates.
deizelsmommy

Postby wvangler on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 pm

If I lived closer I would try to help. A worthy cause and I eat this kind of work up, but I can't be there.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:28 pm

I might be able to help out for a few hours Saturday. I have to run to Fairmont anyway.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvhunter on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:41 pm

I have to run up to Washington, PA sometime Saturday but I have no clue what time yet.

wvhunter

Postby deizelsmommy on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Thank you everyone! It means alot.
I will keep a look on the weather and let you know what time we will be there and what we should be working on since we will have some help.
With this rain your feet will get muddy and the location is not graveled yet, so 4wheel drive will be a plus. I can meet anyone if you want a ride.
deizelsmommy

Postby wvhunter on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:46 am

Location? Location? Location?

wvhunter

Postby deizelsmommy on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Sorry.
The coords for the location are:
39 27.602
80 01.860
We will be there at 9:30am.

Mostly going to be cutting trees and stringing wire for the new fence.
We will be starting the new building next week so we have to get as much done as possible now.

Parking is going to be tight due to the condition of the new location.
When you see the sign for the super tight left turn, we will be parking on the right there.

Thanks!
deizelsmommy

Postby wvhunter on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

wvrrc.jpg
wvrrc.jpg (159.01 KB) Viewed 1494 times

wvhunter

Return to The Flaming Micro Lounge (Off Topic)