Won't someone think of the admins?

A place to sit back, relax, and talk about anything and everything not geocaching related.

Moderator: Moderator

Won't someone think of the admins?

Postby Rock_Rat on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 am

Once again it appears our fine members have been swayed by sunny days and warm temps into playing out side and your poor admins have been left abandoned and lonely. These intellegent, hard working, handsom, and modest individules give there all for your MAGPI reading pleasure. But look at them now, sitting in a corner. Curled in the fetus position. Sobbing quietly to themselves. But for the cost of just one post per day you can help these underprivledged admins find some form of social experience. How can you look into those eyes :duh: and turn away? Post your stories, tell your tales. Let these fine admins do what they do best. Read your post from their dark basement homes and feel the warmth of what little contact they have with the outside world.

Brought to you by TSFTCSOBDGAWOWAR, The Society For The Continued Socialization Of Bassment Dwelling Geeks And WOW Addict Recovery
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
Rock_Rat

Re: Won't someone think of the admins?

Postby SnowXRacer on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:18 am

Rock_Rat wrote:Brought to you by TSFTCSOBDGAWOWAR, The Society For The Continued Socialization Of Bassment Dwelling Geeks And WOW Addict Recovery

I've got no tales. Other than being up at 1am with a Screaming Kid, literally. The above quote is fantastic!
SnowXRacer

Postby pbump on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:24 pm

me too!
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:43 pm

Rumor has it the HTC EVO One will be coming to Sprint early June. (Not evil one, that's due out in always two weeks past when you need it).
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby JAB824 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:57 pm

I don't post to much on here but after these inspiring words I will try harder to make something interesting up. I guess I will announce that I found my 200th cache today and my 6th FTF. I set a personal goal of finding 200 caches within one year of finding my first cache (8-27-11). So I beat it by a few months. I know this isn't what the "Basement Dwellers" are sitting there waiting to read, but that's all I got.
JAB824

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 pm

JAB824 wrote:I don't post to much on here but after these inspiring words I will try harder to make something interesting up. I guess I will announce that I found my 200th cache today and my 6th FTF. I set a personal goal of finding 200 caches within one year of finding my first cache (8-27-11). So I beat it by a few months. I know this isn't what the "Basement Dwellers" are sitting there waiting to read, but that's all I got.

Did you get a handheld GPS?
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby JAB824 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:02 pm

Nope, I'm still using my old car GPS. It hasn't been updated since 2007 so it might miss a few roads every now and then but it has gotten the job done. Well kind of...
JAB824

Postby SnowXRacer on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:24 am

More happy phone news... Cyanogenmod 9 will be coming to the Thunderbolt. Although I am still stuck on my GoAirborne ROM from Infected Rom, I may have to try CM9 just to see what the hype is about.
SnowXRacer

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:29 pm

sidekick just got stuff in to brew 3 more different types of beer. Double Wit, Grand Cru & Stout.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 pm

SnowXRacer wrote:More happy phone news... Cyanogenmod 9 will be coming to the Thunderbolt. Although I am still stuck on my GoAirborne ROM from Infected Rom, I may have to try CM9 just to see what the hype is about.

I'm being upgraded to Cyanogen 7.2. Sidekick seems happy with his and mine has gotten buggy lately.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 pm

JAB824 wrote:Nope, I'm still using my old car GPS. It hasn't been updated since 2007 so it might miss a few roads every now and then but it has gotten the job done. Well kind of...

also congrats on #200!

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby JAB824 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:56 pm

Yea SSPG, I have wanted to upgrade but I don't have the cash right now. I have been looking at ones on amazon and ebay but I prob won't have the cash until i find another job over summer break. Working one day a week is killing me
JAB824

Postby Little Wooden Boy on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:48 am

Here's a geocaching log you probably wouldn't otherwise read.

#3 is a 3 Year Old, btw.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... eb43d1f5b1
Little Wooden Boy

Postby pbump on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Little Wooden Boy wrote:Here's a geocaching log you probably wouldn't otherwise read.

#3 is a 3 Year Old, btw.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... eb43d1f5b1

Thanks for sharing! I'm sure this will never be used in any future events....
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby SnowXRacer on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:36 am

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
SnowXRacer wrote:More happy phone news... Cyanogenmod 9 will be coming to the Thunderbolt. Although I am still stuck on my GoAirborne ROM from Infected Rom, I may have to try CM9 just to see what the hype is about.

I'm being upgraded to Cyanogen 7.2. Sidekick seems happy with his and mine has gotten buggy lately.

Infected ROM is great if you are looking for a change. Battery life is quite phenomenal.
SnowXRacer

Next

Return to The Flaming Micro Lounge (Off Topic)