Won't someone think of the admins?

A place to sit back, relax, and talk about anything and everything not geocaching related.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Won't someone think of the admins?

Postby SnowXRacer on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:40 am

Little Wooden Boy wrote:Here's a geocaching log you probably wouldn't otherwise read.

#3 is a 3 Year Old, btw.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... eb43d1f5b1

Contents of caching bag:
Pencils - Check!
Ziplock bags and paper - Check!
Protein Bar - Check!
Fishing Pole - CHECK!
SnowXRacer

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:38 am

Note to self: Gorilla Glass is not match for SSPG - at least not in a 22 month battle.

I dropped my phone last night. Which is nothing unusual. It landed on the bottom right corner (near the search button). Also not a big deal. What was a big deal is that the glass actually chipped. The plastic mashed a bit and so the glass is a bit lifted up.

I pushed the search button today. CRACK.

Oh Carp. someone get me some clear tape please.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvangler on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:57 am

Took my son camping last weekend at my Red Creek camp and a good friend of mine from Morgantown brought his 10 year old daughter. We drove up to the Sods and I handed his daughter my GPS locked into the Dolly Sods cache near the south end of FR 75. I think I created a monster. She was so excited that she couldn't wait to do another so we took her to find the South Prong Boardwalk Cache. SHE is the reason we throw plastic Pokemon figures and little river rocks with painted on faces into geocaches. You have no idea what trinkets do the insides of a 10 year old girl. I've never seen a person so giddy about a plastic Pikachu doll from a hidden ammo can in the forest.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 am

wvangler wrote:Took my son camping last weekend at my Red Creek camp and a good friend of mine from Morgantown brought his 10 year old daughter. We drove up to the Sods and I handed his daughter my GPS locked into the Dolly Sods cache near the south end of FR 75. I think I created a monster. She was so excited that she couldn't wait to do another so we took her to find the South Prong Boardwalk Cache. SHE is the reason we throw plastic Pokemon figures and little river rocks with painted on faces into geocaches. You have no idea what trinkets do the insides of a 10 year old girl. I've never seen a person so giddy about a plastic Pikachu doll from a hidden ammo can in the forest.

My best friend's 400 babies LOVE the stuff in caches. This past weekend they got a tiny plastic sheep. Dude...that sheep has some serious high value to 3 & 4 year olds! We found it Friday. They were still taking turns playing with it on Sunday.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby SnowXRacer on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:Note to self: Gorilla Glass is not match for SSPG - at least not in a 22 month battle.

I dropped my phone last night. Which is nothing unusual. It landed on the bottom right corner (near the search button). Also not a big deal. What was a big deal is that the glass actually chipped. The plastic mashed a bit and so the glass is a bit lifted up.

What's next on the list? HTC EVO 1? Samsung Galaxy Note?
SnowXRacer

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:28 pm

SnowXRacer wrote:
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:Note to self: Gorilla Glass is not match for SSPG - at least not in a 22 month battle.

Eagerly awaiting to hear what comes out of the Sprint / HTC news conference this evening. At this point the EVO One looks pretty good except....no removable battery and no SD card slot. It DOES have a kickstand though.

We may also try to replace the screen. It would give sidekick & I an excuse to buy a heat gun (because a hair dryer just won't do).

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Rock_Rat on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
SnowXRacer wrote:

Eagerly awaiting to hear what comes out of the Sprint / HTC news conference this evening. At this point the EVO One looks pretty good except....no removable battery and no SD card slot. It DOES have a kickstand though.

We may also try to replace the screen. It would give sidekick & I an excuse to buy a heat gun (because a hair dryer just won't do).

The HTC One doesn't have a SD card slot so some are assuming the Evo One X won't. I've read a few rummor sights that are saying otherwise. It's a SD Card slot or no sale for me. Though I am somewhat giddy about the kickstands triumphant return. Is that wrong?
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
Rock_Rat

Postby Little Wooden Boy on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:51 am

Rock_Rat wrote:
The HTC One doesn't have a SD card slot so some are assuming the Evo One X won't. I've read a few rummor sights that are saying otherwise. It's a SD Card slot or no sale for me. Though I am somewhat giddy about the kickstands triumphant return. Is that wrong?

MicroSD card slot made it :lol:

No removable battery, but 2,000 mAh should be enough. I wonder if those rapid chargers doodads would work?

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g-lt ... its-better
Little Wooden Boy

Postby Rock_Rat on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Little Wooden Boy wrote:MicroSD card slot made it :lol:

No removable battery, but 2,000 mAh should be enough. I wonder if those rapid chargers doodads would work?

http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g-lt ... its-better

I want to see a few real world use reviews but I'm thinking (color choices aside) we have a winner. I would have preferred a removable battery though. Other than swapping when your low it's also useful to kill the phone if it freezes.
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
Rock_Rat

Postby 3_dogs on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Little Wooden Boy wrote:Here's a geocaching log you probably wouldn't otherwise read.

#3 is a 3 Year Old, btw.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... eb43d1f5b1

There's a girl, there's a girl
And she's down by the river
In her own creepy world
There's a girl, there's a girl
And she's down by the river
- "Bubbles" by Biffy Clyro
"Är huvudet dumt får kroppen lida."

Translated - "If the head is dumb the body suffers."
3_dogs

Previous

Return to The Flaming Micro Lounge (Off Topic)