Possible Upgrade to Van Voorhis Trailhead

A place to sit back, relax, and talk about anything and everything not geocaching related.

Moderator: Moderator

Possible Upgrade to Van Voorhis Trailhead

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:45 am

Would you like to see restrooms at the Van Voorhis Trailhead of the Mon River Trail north?  What about a larger trail parking area and more recreational opportunities?

The Mon River Trails Conservancy is working on a project to put in unplumbed restrooms and a larger parking area, on and near the former Quality Glass site, at the Van Voorhis Trailhead.  The future plans for the site may also include a non-motorized boat access for kayaks and canoes.  We are currently in the process of getting permits for this use of the property from the Monongalia County Planning Commission. 

Trail users are encouraged to provide public comment until March 26.   Please send your comments to Monongalia Planning Commission- mailto:planner@moncpc.org  or Ella at MRTC at mailto:ella@montrails.org.

The West Run Planning District Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a public hearing on the following request on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 6:00 p.m. in the Monongalia County Planning Commission First Floor Conference Room at the Morgantown Municipal Airport Terminal, Hart Field Road, Morgantown, WV.  Written comments may be sent to: Monongalia County Planning Office, 82 Hart Field Road, Suite 105, Morgantown, WV 26505.

Case CUP 002-2014: A conditional use permit to allow for a ~ 9,025 square foot gravel parking lot, pathway, ~84 square foot non-plumbed toilet, and a non-motorized boat ramp adjacent to the Mon River Rail Trail. Parking lots require a conditional use permit under C-1 zoning at the property legally described as Union Tax Map 12A parcels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8.i
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Return to The Flaming Micro Lounge (Off Topic)