shopping list

A place to sit back, relax, and talk about anything and everything not geocaching related.

Moderator: Moderator

shopping list

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:19 am

I'm heading back to Pittsburgh on Tuesday (11/18)

What does that mean for you? it means I'm going to be very near REI at the south side works.

So if there is anything you're dying for and it's available in the store I'd be happy to pick it up for you. Just email me your shopping list.

I do so adore spending other people's money. But don't worry, I'll be spending some of my own as well.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Re: shopping list

Postby Knight who says Ni on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:48 pm

I just want to visit REI sometime.
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
Knight who says Ni

Postby wvangler on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:37 pm

REI rawks! FYI, I've been approved through REI's merchant program, so I'm gonna be putting a link on my wvmountainsport.com website soon. So if'n you decide to order online, if you'd be so kind as to run it via clicking the link on my website and taking you to their website then I get a percent of the purchase. I plan to use all (if any) funds I get from that to get some other cool stuff for the website like books, shirts, etc.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:20 pm

wvangler wrote:REI rawks! FYI, I've been approved through REI's merchant program, so I'm gonna be putting a link on my wvmountainsport.com website soon. So if'n you decide to order online, if you'd be so kind as to run it via clicking the link on my website and taking you to their website then I get a percent of the purchase. I plan to use all (if any) funds I get from that to get some other cool stuff for the website like books, shirts, etc.

Yes it does, dangerously so. Last time I went in to buy my new hiking boots. I left with an additional layer for under my parka, a sweet new hat, a water bottle & fancy ice cube tray (although the later were for Gentleman-Carpenter). The time prior to that, we got sidekick new boots and who knows what else. Before that a tent and sunnies for sidekick. It's a bad, bad thing that store :shock:

and on a slightly different note, I stopped down at Adventure's Edge today and got some TB tags....finally, I can set a few more bugs free. Ah, instant gratification! Also talked to them about getting fitted for a bigger pack.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvangler on Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:17 am

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:Yes it does, dangerously so. Last time I went in to buy my new hiking boots. I left with an additional layer for under my parka, a sweet new hat, a water bottle & fancy ice cube tray (although the later were for Gentleman-Carpenter). The time prior to that, we got sidekick new boots and who knows what else. Before that a tent and sunnies for sidekick. It's a bad, bad thing that store :shock:

and on a slightly different note, I stopped down at Adventure's Edge today and got some TB tags....finally, I can set a few more bugs free. Ah, instant gratification! Also talked to them about getting fitted for a bigger pack.

Me too...talked to AE about getting fitted for a bigger pack that is. 3000 cu in is okay for a tent, pad, bag, stove and cookpot, but forget about food and a change of underwear.

I was in REI in Boulder, CO in August. Went in to pick up a couple o' savory freeze dried meals, left with the new GSI Dualist (awesome), a silk bag liner, fuel bottle and the aforementioned food. It's like a tractor beam <que Lloyd Christmas tractor beam sound>.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:52 pm

wvangler wrote:Me too...talked to AE about getting fitted for a bigger pack that is. 3000 cu in is okay for a tent, pad, bag, stove and cookpot, but forget about food and a change of underwear.

I was in REI in Boulder, CO in August. Went in to pick up a couple o' savory freeze dried meals, left with the new GSI Dualist (awesome), a silk bag liner, fuel bottle and the aforementioned food. It's like a tractor beam <que Lloyd Christmas tractor beam sound>.

What a coincidence. When I stopped in to get the GC stuff, I talked to them about a pack. I have a smaller day pack, but now with winter approaching it's clear I'm going to need something bigger. Once I put in the full 2 litre of water and my extra socks i'm running out of room - those happy fluffy winter hiking socks are huge

I'm waffling between getting a 3000 cu inch or going up with something larger for actually backpacking that can be cinched down if I don't need the extra space....(sidekick has mentioned something about going "out west" this summer....)

and sorta back OT...It's gonna be hard to walk out of REI empty handed, I have a coupon.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Knight who says Ni on Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:40 pm

wvangler wrote:<snip>It's like a tractor beam <que Lloyd Christmas tractor beam sound>.

Or a black hole?

We need to make another gorup outing like we did at Cabela's and Gander Mountain. That was fun!
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
Knight who says Ni

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:31 am

I'm heading up to REI this evening. Got to grab a gift for loyal sidekick.

if anyone needs / wants anything from there, drop me a line or give me a call.

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Return to The Flaming Micro Lounge (Off Topic)