MAGPI Officers Cache Series

Announcements and news regarding the group and the site.

Moderator: Moderator

MAGPI Officers Cache Series

Postby 3_dogs on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:15 pm

A few of us in the past have discussed how MAGPI differs from other caching groups. We laughed at the idea of other groups even having officers. Then there was the idea for MAGPI officers.

MAGPI officers would be different from other officers. First, they have absolutely no authority. Second, there is no election. You simply select your own title, and you're an officer. Third, no standard titles: No President, Vice President, or anything like that. Titles must be original. Some even came up with their own titles already.

Then we'd get sidetracked and go back to telling lies about caching or something.

Today wvhunter and I discussed a cache series for MAGPI Officers. You pick your officer title, place a cache named something like "MAGPI Officers: [Your title here]", and place the cache hopefully in a location having something to do with your title. Maybe someone could come up with a short paragraph we place at the beginning of the description. I would but people that read my writing often wonder if English is my second language.

Place something entertaining and interesting in the cache description. For example, maybe include your office description and maybe your oath of office. Your oath could be something you write, or maybe you with to plagiarize something from a book, movie, television show, or song. Add anything else you wish.

Use your imagination for title. You could use titles (or variations) from world governments, fraternal organization, work places, fictitious colonies, religious organizations, or whatever you can come up with.

There is already a particular office in which more that one person has expressed interest. If two people choose the same title, the first with their cache published by gc.com wins. The loser can either change their office title, buy the title from the current holder, keep the title and suffer possible ridicule, or make your cache so awesome you shame the other cacher into either relinquishing their title or suffering shame and ridicule. wvhunter has agreed to maintain the bookmark list of MAGPI officers caches.

Be creative with your titles. If you come up with something lame, like "President", we will likely ridicule you. All MAGPI are welcome to participate, from the cacher who joined this morning to the ones here from the beginning. There is no geographic limitations either. We welcome MAGPI, SMAGPI, NAGPI, anywhere in the United States, or even foreign countries, like Canada, Uruguay, Senegal, or Arkansas. The more the merrier.

It is up to you if you want to post your titles before your cache is publish. Just know that someone may steal your title. After your cache is published on gc.com please share the link on this thread. wvhunter will add it to his bookmark list. I expect he'll make some challenge out of it, but please don't blame me.

If someone with gooder writing skills than me would like to take a crack at the standard paragraph, please post it here.

No, I'm not drunk.
"Är huvudet dumt får kroppen lida."

Translated - "If the head is dumb the body suffers."
3_dogs

Re: MAGPI Officers Cache Series

Postby wvhunter on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:29 pm

I hereby proclaim myself, "King of Beers".
So let it be written, so let it be done.

PS. I'm trying to get drunk.

PSS. If anyone would like to submit a short description for the bookmark list please feel free to do so.
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:34 am

3_dogs wrote:<snipt> Maybe someone could come up with a short paragraph we place at the beginning of the description. I would but people that read my writing often wonder if English is my second language.

<snipt>
If someone with gooder writing skills than me would like to take a crack at the standard paragraph, please post it here.

No, I'm not drunk.

Provided no one is in a hurry I will be happy to try my hand at an introductory paragraph to make this look somewhat cohesive & grammatically correct.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:32 am

wvhunter wrote:I hereby proclaim myself, "King of Beers".

I don't know that Budweiser is going to like that...besides, where in the world are you going to keep the Clydesdales?
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby wvhunter on Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:53 am

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
wvhunter wrote:I hereby proclaim myself, "King of Beers".

I don't know that Budweiser is going to like that...besides, where in the world are you going to keep the Clydesdales?

Hell with the Clydesdales. Let 'em get their own damn beer!
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Return to Announcements