Hunting Seasons

Announcements and news regarding the group and the site.

Moderator: Moderator

Hunting Seasons

Postby Country_Rat on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Just to let everyone know squirrel season comes in Saturday Oct. 11 and archery season comes in the following Saturday Oct. 18. Then in November deer season comes in November 24. Deer Season is when you have to where the ORANGE VEST but it would probably a good idea to where it in every season.

Here is the WV DNR's season and bag limits in pdf form.
http://www.wvdnr.gov/Hunting/Regs0809/Season_dates.pdf
Last edited by Country_Rat on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Country_Rat
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Fairmont, West Virginia

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby thebuddhaman on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:45 pm

pa's archery season is in now,squirrel season comes in today and the rest of small game comes in over the next 2 weeks
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
User avatar
thebuddhaman
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:26 pm
Location: Carmichaels, PA

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby pbump on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:33 pm

How's Sunday's in PA when it comes to hunting? WV is private lands only, right?
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

Image
User avatar
pbump
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Salem, WV

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby thebuddhaman on Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:11 pm

the only legal hunting on sunday in pa is for coyotes and crows
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
User avatar
thebuddhaman
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:26 pm
Location: Carmichaels, PA

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby scoutingwv on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 pm

When's ferret season - in any state?
scoutingwv
 

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby thebuddhaman on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:39 pm

in pa it violates the "animals with disabilities act" to hunt the mentaly challenged :dumb:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
User avatar
thebuddhaman
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:26 pm
Location: Carmichaels, PA

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby wvhunter74 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:45 am

I wish it was the 18th now I am so ready
User avatar
wvhunter74
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: chapmanville wv

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby fyerman6 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:14 am

Me too
But in every walk with Nature one recieves far more than he seeks.
User avatar
fyerman6
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:21 pm
Location: Morgantown W.V.

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:52 am

scoutingwv wrote:When's ferret season - in any state?


if by ferret season you mean hunting things ferrets have stolen and hidden,then....

that season would be 365 days (366 on leap year) a year.


if you were serious and meant hunting with ferrets, I don't actually think that is permissable in the US any more. Which is one of the reasons ferrets themselves were declared illegal in several places (including WV). Kinda hard to hunt rabbits with ferrets them if you can't own ferrets. I do know that in the UK & Australia individuals do still hunt with ferrets.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby scoutingwv on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
scoutingwv wrote:When's ferret season - in any state?


if by ferret season you mean hunting things ferrets have stolen and hidden,then....

that season would be 365 days (366 on leap year) a year.

if you were serious and meant hunting with ferrets, I don't actually think that is permissable in the US any more. Which is one of the reasons ferrets themselves were declared illegal in several places (including WV). Kinda hard to hunt rabbits with ferrets them if you can't own ferrets. I do know that in the UK & Australia individuals do still hunt with ferrets.


You must be a Republican - that wasn't the question. I meant when can you hunt FOR ferrets? Not with them or for their junk, Sarah. :grin:
scoutingwv
 

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby Knight who says Ni on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:58 pm

thebuddhaman wrote:in pa it violates the "animals with disabilities act" to hunt the mentaly challenged :dumb:


Wow, that is a REALLY dangerous comment considering we have a ferret loving pony in the group. :eek:
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
User avatar
Knight who says Ni
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: the cave of Kyre Banorg

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

scoutingwv wrote:
You must be a Republican - that wasn't the question. I meant when can you hunt FOR ferrets? Not with them or for their junk, Sarah. :grin:



the word "FOR" did not appear in your original post, mr. boy scout. Therefore the precise meaning of your query was difficult to discern. :roll:

as for political affiliations, I believe my bumper sticker declared my candidates of choices to be Sparrow & Barbossa. And I stand by that. Now where's m'pirate hat...'cause I know where the sword be located.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby scoutingwv on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:15 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:
scoutingwv wrote:
You must be a Republican - that wasn't the question. I meant when can you hunt FOR ferrets? Not with them or for their junk, Sarah. :grin:


the word "FOR" did not appear in your original post, mr. boy scout. Therefore the precise meaning of your query was difficult to discern. :roll:

as for political affiliations, I believe my bumper sticker declared my candidates of choices to be Sparrow & Barbossa. And I stand by that. Now where's m'pirate hat...'cause I know where the sword be located.


Saw a t-shirt on woot today "Bigfoot and Nessie in '08 - Change you can BELIEVE in!"

BACK OT (or something close to it) - if someone asks, "When's deer season?" do people wonder if it means "When do you hunt for all the stuff a deer stashes in the woods?" or "When can you hunt with deer?" because we ALL know people want to track dowen their stuff and hang out with them for a while, now don't we?
scoutingwv
 

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby Rock_Rat on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:41 pm

I don't belive there is a ferret season how ever weasels have a continuous open season.
Murphy was an optimist! - O'toole's commentary on Murphy's law
The perversity of the Universe tends towards a maximum. - O'Toole's Corollary
I think this O'Toole guys onto something. - Rock_Rat's commentary on O'Toole
User avatar
Rock_Rat
 
Posts: 1492
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:54 pm
Location: N 39 29.826 W 080 15.402

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby pbump on Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:46 pm

scoutingwv wrote:BACK OT (or something close to it) - if someone asks, "When's deer season?" do people wonder if it means "When do you hunt for all the stuff a deer stashes in the woods?" or "When can you hunt with deer?" because we ALL know people want to track dowen their stuff and hang out with them for a while, now don't we?

So during bow season, we traipse around looking for pretty pink ribbons all tied up real nice...<<yeah, I know - stretching. But the antagonist in me was crying to get out>>
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

Image
User avatar
pbump
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: Salem, WV

Next

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron