Hunting Seasons

Announcements and news regarding the group and the site.

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Hunting Seasons

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:55 pm

pbump wrote:So during bow season, we traipse around looking for pretty pink ribbons all tied up real nice...<<yeah, I know - stretching. But the antagonist in me was crying to get out>>

you have no idea how long it took me to figure out what the heck you were talking about.

I'm so embarrassed.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby scoutingwv on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:46 am

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:you have no idea how long it took me to figure out what the heck you were talking about.

I'm so embarrassed.

I bet you had to phone Joe Six-Pack for help, didn't you? :grin:
scoutingwv

Postby Knight who says Ni on Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:47 pm

FYI:

W.Va. park opened to raccoon hunting to thin numbers
by The Associated Press
VOLCANO, W.Va. -- A Wood County park has been opened to raccoon hunting to thin a growing population of the nocturnal animals.

The Wood County Parks and Recreation Commission unanimously voted Monday to allowing raccoon hunting at Mountwood Park. Board members cited concerns about rabies and said the animals have become a problem at the park.

Park Director Carla Knapp said raccoons frequently target trash cans in the core park area.

Hunters must obtain a special permit to hunt on the park grounds and are required to have a state hunting permit.

West Virginia's raccoon season runs through Feb. 28.
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
Knight who says Ni

Postby scoutingwv on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Great ... I can just see the bullet holes on the signs and buildings at Mountwood now ... and this is gong to help control rabies? I don't think hunters are going to look for rabid animals.

Hope the irresponsible ones don't mess it up for the responsible ones.
scoutingwv

Postby Country_Rat on Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:33 pm

DEER SEASON OPENS MONDAY, MANDATORY ORANGE
Country_Rat

Postby Country_Rat on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Knight who says Ni wrote:FYI:

W.Va. park opened to raccoon hunting to thin numbers
by The Associated Press
VOLCANO, W.Va. -- A Wood County park has been opened to raccoon hunting to thin a growing population of the nocturnal animals.

The Wood County Parks and Recreation Commission unanimously voted Monday to allowing raccoon hunting at Mountwood Park. Board members cited concerns about rabies and said the animals have become a problem at the park.

Park Director Carla Knapp said raccoons frequently target trash cans in the core park area.

Hunters must obtain a special permit to hunt on the park grounds and are required to have a state hunting permit.

West Virginia's raccoon season runs through Feb. 28.

They need to open this season for the park near Chestnut Ridge Park. Over the summer Rock_Rat and his brother and I went up there to camp and a raccoon got in the back of my Jeep Wrangler and took a seat on my back seat and started to eat the bag of chips and drink the beer of the back floor that my friend spilled.
Country_Rat

Postby scoutingwv on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:31 am

Country_Rat wrote:They need to open this season for the park near Chestnut Ridge Park. Over the summer Rock_Rat and his brother and I went up there to camp and a raccoon got in the back of my Jeep Wrangler and took a seat on my back seat and started to eat the bag of chips and drink the beer of the back floor that my friend spilled.

Sounds like it should join MAGPI.
scoutingwv

Postby Knight who says Ni on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:59 am

Country_Rat wrote: <snip> I went up there to camp and a raccoon got in the back of my Jeep Wrangler and took a seat on my back seat and started to eat the bag of chips and drink the beer of the back floor that my friend spilled.

Very civilized for a raccoon. After seeking out chips and beer, he sounds like some cachers...I mean people I know. :grin:
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
Knight who says Ni

Previous

Return to Announcements