Magellan GPS explorist GC

This is the place to discuss the Hardware and Software that makes Geocaching possible.

Moderator: Moderator

Magellan GPS explorist GC

Postby DLG50 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Does anyone know how to program in new longitude and latitude into this model of GPS. I'm a bit of a newbie and have not been able to figure it out. Thanks all for any help I may get. :smile:
DLG50

Re: Magellan GPS explorist GC

Postby Aquacache on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm

I don't know how to program that particular model, but we are having our monthly gathering (known as Beer & Wings Night) at "Hoops East" in Fairmont Thursday (visit link) and if you can make it, I'm sure one of us can figure it out and help you. From looking at the caches that you've found, I'm guessing that Fairmont isn't all that far away from home.

Oh, and Welcome to the group!

• I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

• I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make when they go flying by.
Aquacache

Postby LuckyAquar on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:01 pm

I have a magellan explorist. The way that I program in coordinates is to put them in as a waypoint. I don't know if there is another way to do it or not. I have only had my explorist a few months and I'm still learning things with it. Also if you haven't already done it, register your gps on magellan's web site. Magellan has a great customer loyalty program. I hope that this helps you with your gps.
LuckyAquar

Postby wvhunter1968 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Love my Magellan Exp GC. My main GPS.

Choose flag icon at opening screen, select MENU, ADD WPNT, choose Coordinates and then toggle with the joystick to type in your coordinates.

Hoep thsi helps despite it being a few months too late.
Geocaching profile name is "wvcachers3" as of 9/11/12. All previous logs (680) signed as wvhunter1968. Changed recently to reflect the family activity geocaching has become.
wvhunter1968

Return to Tools of the Trade