Blackberry Applications

Here we can post any and all threads containing useful information pertaining to Geocaching or other subjects

Blackberry Applications

Postby Frank n Beck on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:04 pm

Just a quick question, I now have a blackberry and was wondering if there are any applications out there for caching that I can use with the device. Any and all suggetions are welcome. Thanks. :smile:
Frank n Beck

Re: Blackberry Applications

Postby pbump on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:31 pm

I use Cacheberry and like it....15 bucks, you can dang near cache with just your phone. GPS is a bit slower than you'd like, but it'll get you there. If nothing else, keep feeding it PQs for your area, and you will ALWAYS be cache ready!
“It's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey and more money.” Tom T. Hall
"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow." Nanook's Mamma

"Corripe Cervisiam"

pbump

Postby Frank n Beck on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Looks good, but I dont have the right version. How do I go about getting the right version? It also looks like I need a sd card and maybe a few other things, LOL! Thanks for the info!
Frank n Beck

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Frank n Beck wrote:Looks good, but I dont have the right version. How do I go about getting the right version? It also looks like I need a sd card and maybe a few other things, LOL! Thanks for the info!

definitely get the SD card. you can't load aps on it (don't ask, I don't know why) but you'll want it for storage of GPX files.

you may need to upgrade your OS on the blackberry. You can do that through the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

I use an external bluetooth GPS when caching with my blackberry. I have US Cellular and their GPS function is pretty much next to nothing. So I use the Bluetooth puck. Works like a dream.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Return to Resources