Changes to Earthcache Submissions

Here we can post any and all threads containing useful information pertaining to Geocaching or other subjects

Re: Changes to Earthcache Submissions

Postby scoutingwv on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:15 am

Isn't it wonderful when you have to use a "side note" to bring a topic back on track? I love this place!
scoutingwv

Postby wvangler on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Spotty Spotty Pony Girl wrote:

as a side note, I've never submitted an Earthcache, but wow the one at Harper's Ferry and the one at Sidling Hill nearly caused my brain to implode

Sideling Hill EC is dumb..."describe the texture of the layers of rock". Um, hard and scratchy?
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Lledier on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 am

So, I'm assuming that trying to make an Earthcache for the big Hedge Apple (Osage Orange) Tree in my yard, would be a no-go...even though it is quite possibly the largest one in WV.
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Lledier

Postby wvangler on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:45 am

Yep, unless you can describe how the mineral content of the soil helped make the tree a biggun. They are very picky that EC's have to be geological.
wvangler

Postby thebuddhaman on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:15 am

getting a earth cache published is easier than you think with 2 of mine getting permission from the DNR was the most difficult part
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

We didn't inherit this world for our parents.... We borrow it from our children
thebuddhaman

Postby wvangler on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:18 am

Yeah, but the hard part is finding significant earthcache sites that are on public land to begin with. I've found numerous worthy earthcaches, but they are on private land and tracking down the landowner is a nightmare. I'm not interested in going to a courthouse and pouring myself into digging through tax maps then contacting heirship landowners, etc.
wvangler

Previous

Return to Resources