How to blow your head off and 99,000 other ideas

Here we can post any and all threads containing useful information pertaining to Geocaching or other subjects

How to blow your head off and 99,000 other ideas

Postby wvangler on Wed May 11, 2011 9:47 am

I've been on this site before, but seems every time I re-discover it I am more fascinated than the last. The site is called instructables.com and it is a user fed site that explains how to do and build stuff. Anything from building a cryptex for geocaching to learning some killer magic tricks to impress your drunk friends. I've got some PVC leftovers laying around the shed and was considering building a tater cannon this weekend and thought to myself, "self, I'll bet there are some awesome and incredibly dangerous modifications that I can do on the traditional spud gun with a little help from google." I was right and man did I ever get distracted with stuff like this...

Pringles Cans + Tennis Ball + Lighter Fluid = Helluva Time/Health Insurance Deductable
http://www.instructables.com/id/Tennis-Ball-Mortar/

So since I thought this a very MAGPI appropriate resource I thought it was only fitting to post about it here...and there's always the possibility of adding a tennis ball launching competition as a component of a MAGPI event. :flame:
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Re: How to blow your head off and 99,000 other ideas

Postby wvhunter on Wed May 11, 2011 10:11 am

PUZZLES!!!
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
wvhunter

Postby wvangler on Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 am

I've been wanting to make a cryptex to place as a geocache for a long long time, but I'm becoming resigned to the fact that I'm too friggin' busy and scatterbrained to actually do it. There are some of you that are rather crafty (cough, hint, cough) that could probably make and hide one that we all could enjoy finding/solving.
Indecision is the key to flexibility.
wvangler

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Wed May 11, 2011 1:03 pm

wvangler wrote:I've been wanting to make a cryptex to place as a geocache for a long long time, but I'm becoming resigned to the fact that I'm too friggin' busy and scatterbrained to actually do it. There are some of you that are rather crafty (cough, hint, cough) that could probably make and hide one that we all could enjoy finding/solving.

As if it had not been printed out and on my list of things to do for ages.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl

Postby Knight who says Ni on Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 pm

wvhunter wrote:PUZZLES!!!

We hates you. :evil:

:lol:
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
Knight who says Ni

Return to Resources