GEOCACHING: The social aspect

Here we can post any and all threads containing useful information pertaining to Geocaching or other subjects

Re: GEOCACHING: The social aspect

Postby SnowXRacer on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:16 am

Allysmom24 wrote:... I can honestly say that at events, facebook, meeting cachers in the woods, etc - I've never felt uncomfortable during social situations. It seems this group (and I believe most geocachers in general) are very welcoming and fun people.

Its great that you can go to events, not know anyone at all, and just strike up conversations without feeling uncomfortable. You know everyone there has a great story to swap. Greenie333 and I were at ASP Geobash V up in NY last year and it was our first outing with our new PN-40. Walking around we found that a lot of people had these dangling from their necks so we started talking to them. We must have had 8 or 10 people all standing around a circle talking about these GPSs when another lady came up. She started talking about how her son recommended this GPS to her and that he was sort of a "Geek" and "into that technology stuff". I think we all stopped talking at that moment and had that look on our faces like "Are you serious?" "Look around you! There are 1200 Geeks here and we are ALL into that technology stuff"
SnowXRacer

Re: GEOCACHING: The social aspect

Postby wvhunter1968 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:55 am

All good stuff everybody! Thanks so much for contributing to my thread! Its helping me learn all about Geocaching more and more with every response. Look forward to meeting you all soon.
Geocaching profile name is "wvcachers3" as of 9/11/12. All previous logs (680) signed as wvhunter1968. Changed recently to reflect the family activity geocaching has become.
wvhunter1968

Previous

Return to Resources